What's your favorite forum software?

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have always been a fan of either Xenforo and WordPress. The way their interface is set up and navigation system, it makes it very easy for for users.

Which forum software do you like the most and why is that?

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Out of all the forum software I've tried since I began my online entrepreneurship journey, which has been a lot, I would say my absolute favorite is Xenforo. It's more costly than most others, but it's certainly the most powerful forum software on the market.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Out of all the forum software I've tried since I began my online entrepreneurship journey, which has been a lot, I would say my absolute favorite is Xenforo. It's more costly than most others, but it's certainly the most powerful forum software on the market.
The cost it comes with is well worth it when you look at the services it provides you. It's why I haven't had any issues about what to pay for using Xenforo.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.500
What I like is PhpMyBB and MyBB but they have a small limitation:
When copy paste an image isn't auto uploaded like Xenforo software one. You have to use an external provider server for image hosting.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What I like is PhpMyBB and MyBB but they have a small limitation:
When copy paste an image isn't auto uploaded like Xenforo software one. You have to use an external provider server for image hosting.
I've used MyBB in the past, around 10 years ago, and it was thriving. However, recently, I've noticed that a lot of plugins are no longer maintained and it looks like it's kind of dying off. I don't know too much about it at this time, but are there still a lot of plugins being released for this software?

Nebulous

Unfamiliar
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's the very best as far as I'm concerned with anything that's considered a forum software.
Yeah. My forum was on MyBB for a while and I liked it, but then we got hacked and I didn't feel safe using their software anymore. Plus there was no alerts system on MyBB back then and XF had them! This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Been with XF ever since.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yeah. My forum was on MyBB for a while and I liked it, but then we got hacked and I didn't feel safe using their software anymore. Plus there was no alerts system on MyBB back then and XF had them! This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Been with XF ever since.
Suffering a forum hack is always frustrating. I can remember when Bizdustry I was on got hacked, they lost a lot of data.

Ravenfreak

Complete Stranger
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Xenforo is my favorite paid forum software, as for free I like SMF. I used to really like IPB but now I think it's a bit too expensive. SMF comes with lots of awesome features out of the box without having to install plugins, and it's easy to set up permissions.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.350
I was using SMF and phpbb free software, and Vbulletin paid software, it appears that the number of forums has greatly reduced in the last few years.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Xenforo is powerful and has a very clean interface that I love. It's also lightweight which is good for SEO. MyBB comes close. I don't what happened to simple machine forum. Used to be great then.

Back