When Should Employees Be Paid?

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
No matter what happens in your business, this is one thing that can't wait. People exchange their time and effort to work for you.

Some employers pay weekly, some pay twice a week and some pay monthly, but never more than that?

How would you like to be paid?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
I am getting paid monthly and this is the way that is followed in India but I would love to get paid on weekly basis but sadly it's not available in India so I cannot expect this but I wish it can be possible someday

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No matter what happens in your business, this is one thing that can't wait. People exchange their time and effort to work for you.

Some employers pay weekly, some pay twice a week and some pay monthly, but never more than that?

I think weekly payments are better than other options.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
I actually prefer to be paid at the end of the month or every two weeks. This helps me save and do my shopping once in a while instead of weekly.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261

I think that employees should be paid at the right time when they are deserved to be paid. Some companies delay salaries and this may never be a good sign.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
Most business owners usually pay their workers at the end of the month, let's say around 27th or there about, i believe this is better than waiting till s few days inside the new month before paying.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I would much prefer to get paid weekly as that is something that I feel is easier for me. Most places where I live pay weekly and that is how everyone prefers to be paid if possible. You do get some places that pay monthly but the people who get paid monthly know they get paid then and they plan for that so that their money lasts for the month.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I would much prefer to get paid weekly as that is something that I feel is easier for me. Most places where I live pay weekly and that is how everyone prefers to be paid if possible. You do get some places that pay monthly but the people who get paid monthly know they get paid then and they plan for that so that their money lasts for the month.
Yes, I completely agree with you, but I would prefer a pay piece rate system. Like in this RIF when it reaches a minimum of 5$ we get a payout. Here many workers are paid by a piece rate system, so they are given a project with some money. So the rest is the worker's business in how long it will take.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
In my last company we use to get our salaries 27th of every month because when next month starts we do have to pay all utility bills house rent and so many other expenses starts as a month start.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Its different for every job and employer but generally, employees should be paid in a timely manner for their work. The most common payroll schedules are bi weekly and semi monthly.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Personally, I prefer to be paid on weekly basis because it will make it very convenient for me to always have cash on me that will help me to take care of my needs.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I am getting paid monthly and this is the way that is followed in India but I would love to get paid on weekly basis but sadly it's not available in India so I cannot expect this but I wish it can be possible someday
In my country, we can have the payment twice a month, every 15th and 30th of the month. I had also tried on a weekly basis but not all companies will indulge into this idea. I do think that the locals would not want to have their payment on a monthly basis here.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078

The period that employees should be paid depends on when the companies pay their employees and it depends on when they want to get paid

jaymanuel

Complete Stranger
Mar 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the contract.Some employees prefer to be paid on daily basis,others on weekly basis and lastly monthly basis.It is good for the employer to pay the employee on or before as per the contract agreement.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It depends on the contract.Some employees prefer to be paid on daily basis,others on weekly basis and lastly monthly basis.It is good for the employer to pay the employee on or before as per the contract agreement.
I prefer to be paid weekly i prefer it to monthly salary or any other one.

Back