Where did you first use a computer or laptop?

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Till a few decades ago, computers and laptops were not used and were often not available. Where did members of this forum first use a computer or laptop? Was it at home, college or office?

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.210
Did the college provide a laptop to students or did you purchase a laptop of your own? If it was your own laptop, was it a new laptop or second hand laptop?
Yes college provide laptop for students to not stay bring a laptop from house. First purchased was at university. It was new laptop. It was for doing PFE.

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
First time i used a computer was at Junior school. There was a computer lesson twice a week. That was my favorite lesson really because we didn't have a computer at home at using at school was the only time i had. After junior school, Secondary school didn't have computer lessons so i asked my parents to buy me one, i was told if i pass my secondary school then i would get a laptop, and i did pass, that was when i got my first laptop. Since then i have been using a laptop.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
First time i used a computer was at Junior school. There was a computer lesson twice a week. That was my favorite lesson really because we didn't have a computer at home at using at school was the only time i had. After junior school, Secondary school didn't have computer lessons so i asked my parents to buy me one, i was told if i pass my secondary school then i would get a laptop, and i did pass, that was when i got my first laptop. Since then i have been using a laptop.
Thank you for your detailed reply on computer usage. Can you share in which year you started using computers and for how many years you have been using the laptop?

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thank you for your detailed reply on computer usage. Can you share in which year you started using computers and for how many years you have been using the laptop?
Its been a few years hey. First time suing a computer it felt like something really difficult. Now I find laptops the easiest things to use.

rifman

Banned
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Till a few decades ago, computers and laptops were not used and were often not available. Where did members of this forum first use a computer or laptop? Was it at home, college or office?
In fact, a few decades ago, computers were not at all introduced, and I first used a computer at home.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
I first used mine three years ago. I had no money to buy one until that time. So maybe I started using it a bit late.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My first use of a computer was after my high school or secondary School. I enrolled into a computer training institute that couples as a cyber cafe. That was when I started learning and interacting with computers.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
The first time I used a computer was during our computer classes in secondary school. I didnt really use it though, I just had access to touch it for some minutes.

Back