Which business is currently too saturated in your country?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are some businesses that people do and you would be wondering if they even make money from it? That's because that kind of business is too much and very concentrated within a locality.

Such businesses can just be situated within a stone throw of each other. They still thrive though.

Which business do you think is saturated in your locality or area. For me, it is tailoring shop. My street is just a kilometer but they are more that 20 tailoring shops on the street.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
For me it's the provisions shops as we call it here. On a small street you can see more than 10 shops there. it is one very saturated business here in my location

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.360
There are a large number of pharmacies in the area where I live , they may be doing good business because it is very densely populated, with a large number of people falling sick.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me it's the provisions shops as we call it here. On a small street you can see more than 10 shops there. it is one very saturated business here in my location
It is true that the retail grocery shops are very saturated in our part of the world. Almost every compound has it's own small grocery shop. That is why I can never do such a business.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.373
As it stands at the moment, in my country, the point of sale business (p.o.s) is actually taking a new turn, because almost everyone I know are currently doing a point of sale business, it has saturated all over the place.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As it stands at the moment, in my country, the point of sale business (p.o.s) is actually taking a new turn, because almost everyone I know are currently doing a point of sale business, it has saturated all over the place.
The agency banking is so saturated and it is not sweet again. But why do my countrymen and women rush into any thriving business and end up spoiling the business for everyone. That is why SME should have barriers to entry.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It seems almost all businesses are saturated in my place. Pharmacies are just everywhere but I think all of them make sufficient sales though. Barbing and hair dressing salons too are saturated.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
I believe one of such business is frame business. These days we have a lot of young girls that have little to no idea about how it works, the way they go about it is becoming too much.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well at the moment provision stores are very much saturated in the country as every corner you turn to is filled with provision store and even at that more are still trying to open up another one but that is not all.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe one of such business is frame business. These days we have a lot of young girls that have little to no idea about how it works, the way they go about it is becoming too much.
Which one is frame business? I don't seem to have an idea about this kind of business. Fruits selling is also slowly becoming saturated. So many young girls are trying to sell fruits nowadays.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
There are a large number of pharmacies in the area where I live , they may be doing good business because it is very densely populated, with a large number of people falling sick.
Not really. It becomes saturated to a point where people put in their money and run at a loss just to keep the pharmacy open. I always try to avoid such locations when working.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.990
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think eateries are getting saturated in my area. There are too many restaurants, fast food shops, noodle shops and Japanese restaurants. Some are able to maintain their business for many years, while a few just opened for 2-3 years and they closed because there are not enough customers.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.853
Which one is frame business? I don't seem to have an idea about this kind of business. Fruits selling is also slowly becoming saturated. So many young girls are trying to sell fruits nowadays.
Frame business is actually the enlargement of photos into photo frames. There are lots of people into this, especially girls. Its making the job abit difficult for we editors most times.

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know but it seems like the fashion designing and tailoring business is getting saturated in my area. You would see 3 tailoring shops on the same blog but they are still thriving though.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.620
Raw Dex
$0.020
Chicken business is too much saturated here, as every third shop is of chicken shop. Initially people earned good money with it when the shops were average but nowadays it is very difficult to earn from it.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.530
In our province, there are many gasoline stations, both big and small. I am surprised to see so many businesses in this industry, and even more surprised that new ones continue to open despite the saturation. Some of the older businesses have closed down due to stiff competition.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.390
I think cement business, especially manufacturing industries, are highly saturated in the country. Most of the industries are not doing good

Fidelia

Somewhat Known
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.000
In our province, there are many gasoline stations, both big and small. I am surprised to see so many businesses in this industry, and even more surprised that new ones continue to open despite the saturation. Some of the older businesses have closed down due to stiff competition.
In my country, no matter the number of gasoline stations you have, it can never be enough. That's one business that can never be saturated in my country.

Back