Which do you think would be more difficult to deliver a speech to: a group of individuals you don't know or a group of your coworkers?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.190
I think it depends on what kind of personality a speaker has to give a speech. I am pretty sure the majority would say it is easier to have a speech with co-workers. For the reason that they are familiar with each other and can talk with them informally. But then, a good speaker should not be limited to this situation. He or she needs to manage either way.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
For a person who is not used to talking in large crowd be it a crowd they know or the one they do not, they might find it rather hard to do this.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe it's much more easier to give a speech to people who don't know you than your coworkers at work who knows little or much about you
I believe that it boost our confidence

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I don't even like delivering speeches but the best situation I would love to deliver a speech is to do it around people I am comfortable with. I am not comfortable with strangers.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Since I have not had a job since I retired 23 years ago, I no longer have co-workers, so I guess my answer would be strangers. However, if the topic was something I believe in I would not have any problems speaking to them anyway. I guess you could I am speaking to strangers remotely right now.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Since I have not had a job since I retired 23 years ago, I no longer have co-workers, so I guess my answer would be strangers. However, if the topic was something I believe in I would not have any problems speaking to them anyway. I guess you could I am speaking to strangers remotely right now.
I would speak over and over again for hours to any audience when the subject is something I am conversant with. I am a natural talker though. That is why I love my presentations have to be given to me ahead of time.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it depends on what kind of personality a speaker has to give a speech. I am pretty sure the majority would say it is easier to have a speech with co-workers. For the reason that they are familiar with each other and can talk with them informally. But then, a good speaker should not be limited to this situation. He or she needs to manage either way.
Well, its best to have a good communication skill both formally and informally , but still I prefer communication with co workers as they really tend to understand who I am and what my words really meant.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.190
Well, its best to have a good communication skill both formally and informally , but still I prefer communication with co workers as they really tend to understand who I am and what my words really meant.
I am with you when it comes to communicating with others formally, especially to clients. Either way, we can use formal or informal way to our colleagues. They are so familiar with us and there is no need to make things hard for everyone.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.980
For me I would go for delivering a piece of speech for a group of new people to me. This is because it a little bit to convince a new person than the ordinary person.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.018
I will prefer speaking to my coworkers at work who i know a lot about them. it will boost my confidence because I will be talking to very familiar people

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.190
For me I would go for delivering a piece of speech for a group of new people to me. This is because it a little bit to convince a new person than the ordinary person.
You are on point with your idea about this concern. Since I had worked with the jobs that can host different sets of people, I can handle them without any anxious feeling. Through the years of working with different workers' personas, I was able to develop the skill of communicating with different languages and dialects.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.018
I think it will be more convincing to relate to an old colleagues than new persons so i would go for delivering a piece of speech to my old colleagues

Back