Who should supervise a building construction project?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Till today in my country, the architects do not want to agree. They design and also want to build. They say that they understand load better because they did the complex mathematics that brought the design.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that the building industry has so many people that are doing power play. There is a Structural Engineer, a Civil Engineer,a building technologists, and an architect who all lay claim to being in charge of building constructions. I think a Structural Engineer and an Building Technologist have the most credible claims.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a power struggle between the architect and the civil engineer about who should supervise a building project. The architect feels he should do it because he designed the building. The civil engineer claims he is the one that understands the structural interpretation of the building.

I stand with the civil engineer. Who do you stand with?
It's very obvious that the civil engineer should supervise the building, the job of the architect ends on paper, the civil engineer guys understand deeply how structures behave when subjected to some kind of conditions so they are on a better position to supervise a building project.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
The issue is that architects in my country do feel entitled to build since they came up with the plan. So many of them are structural engineer through trial and error.
I also believe that it is the job of architecture's to actually carry out such supervision because they have the professional knowledge on how to do it correctly.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I also believe that it is the job of architecture's to actually carry out such supervision because they have the professional knowledge on how to do it correctly.
Have you considered that there is also a building expert called building technologist? I believe a architect just needed to design. He can be part of the supervisory team to help them interpret the drawing design but can't be leading the construction team.

Back