Why are internet forums dying?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
There are so many types of forums, forums that pay people to post what they like, and forums just for fun. But those forums that pay people to post , many of them are dying. What do you think are the reasons? The forums that are dying and not anymore paying people are the Post Bucks and Trendri. They are famous sites and they were able to help members in one way or another. The other sites that are not anymore advocating forums are Reddit, Quora, and Facebook. The reason behind this is because of the dominance of social media sites and collective forums or discussion sites. The internet users are no longer seeking forums .they instead resort to social media like Facebook, Twitter , MeWe and other soc med sites to probe for answers from the larger global community for their questions. Those sites that ask and answer questions are no longer paying well to users because of the reasons mentioned.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
Well for me I think it is about low revenue from. advertisers. I don't know if it is about the high inflation now in different countries but it is affecting nations

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
There are numerous reasons why a forum is dying or not anymore functioning. Low morale might be one factor, another the revenues from the ads and more. We cannot also blame their struggles to support the people in the forum community.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
I think some users become bored at some point and become lazy to work on the site which stems from.low morale. But I know the most is low revenues to the site

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
Low revenues stem from inadequacy of the ads. They might not paying the forum site well. It will be better to let each of them pay first before advertising. But we do not know how they processed their transactions.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.160
Raw Dex
$0.433
Advertising rates have decreased almost hundred times in the last decade, so online publishers are making great losses. In almost all other sectors, business revenues have doubled or tripled in the last decade, so very few want to start a website,

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
No wonder many forum sites closed partially and eternally. Reddit before was so famous, in fact, I'm a member there but left the site. It's not anymore like when it was new or a young site because of the possible reasons you mentioned. It's sad.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Because of the small income they pay to users and users lose interest after a while. If they pay more to users, more users will be attracted and more sponsors will be attracted

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
When people are asked about forums dying, they instantly go towards the revenue, and forum owners are making low revenue so they do not stick to running a forum because of that.

A lot of the time, some people do not create forums to make money, they create forums because they enjoy building forums and building communities, a lot of the time the reason they fail is that social media is more dominant now and many people prefer to be on social media over being on forums.

With those who still enjoy using forums and keeping forums alive, they do still stand a chance but it is a big fight against social media now.

Bango

Notable
Jan 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When people are asked about forums dying, they instantly go towards the revenue, and forum owners are making low revenue so they do not stick to running a forum because of that.

A lot of the time, some people do not create forums to make money, they create forums because they enjoy building forums and building communities, a lot of the time the reason they fail is that social media is more dominant now and many people prefer to be on social media over being on forums.

With those who still enjoy using forums and keeping forums alive, they do still stand a chance but it is a big fight against social media now.
In my opinion, this is the problem of the admins themselves. Creating a forum without much money is a bad idea. Some people have just $1000 and want to start a business. it's impossible. You have to invest a lot like BMF

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Well for me I think it is about low revenue from. advertisers. I don't know if it is about the high inflation now in different countries but it is affecting nations
Yes I totally agree with you. Besides that, the low income that members get sometimes makes members lose enthusiasm to continue being active in the forum, because they will feel that they are wasting their time.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
When ads are not anymore advertising and showing, the forum site will be affected. Its revenue will decline and more problems to arise if the members keep on spamming the forum site which may affect the payment from Google Adsense.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
Sometimes it is even about the users. The low income that members get sometimes makes members lose interest to continue being and this will make the forum to die naturally

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.010
Many PTP forum websites are dying because they are unable to generate revenue from advertisements such as Google AdSense. Others failed because they did not handle their forum websites properly or because just a few individuals participated.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
For me I think that most paid to post forums are dying because forums are not active anymore. This has resulted to low revenue that forum owners can't withstand the costs involved in paying out posters and upkeeping of the sites.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
It might be true, but let us hope that RIF will not become like those forum sites that are dying. Hoping RG is getting stronger. But we are expecting its maintenance this week and downtime by May 25.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Because forums are no longer paying for post does not mean that they are dying. there are countless number of forums that are still doing very well.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.443
I strongly believe that a lot of the PTP forum websites are dying because they are not able to generate revenue from advertisements from Google AdSense and other ad networks

Back