Why do banks give their marketers unrealistic targets?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If I ever give a thought to working in the bank, the marketing department would be the last place I would work. They are always under pressure. Some of them would virtually beg you to open account with them.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.720
Raw Dex
$0.008
Banks just want to make huge money so They are always pressuring the staff Some of them are on commission basis so they need to meet up to get paid

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.230
I think this is the nature of the banks. For them to be profitable with the business, banks should run alot of transactions including deposits and withdrawals. So the marketers must bring in alot of customers to aid that

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.720
Raw Dex
$0.008
Definitely, it might just be how it is done as the nature of the bank to always have a target to achieve to be profitable. The thing is that mere deposits and withdrawal's might not cut it.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.230
I think the Banks work on the same way. Bank marketers as well are supposed to work under the same pressure to provide a large number of sign ups in a given time frames.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know of so many ladies as bank marketers who have had to sell themselves to men to meet up the monthly target to keep their job. I personally feel it is always too much on them.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One job I can't do is to be a marketer for a bank. I don't understand why a marketer should be tasked to bring millions of deposits into the bank. All these targets put pressure on those staff and can make them depressed.

Banks should be more humane I their dealings with their staff.
Giving unrealistic targets to marketers by banks are part of indication of moral decadence in our society. Moral value has been lost even in the professional world. Money is placed above moral value. All what the banks care for is for marketers to meet up their targets. They care less how this is done, either morally or immoraly.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, most of them do not achieve that and they are not fired. I think it is a way in which banks use to bring out the productivity in their employees. But personally i cannot do such a job.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are so many banks who are willing to pay marketers to make more money. They believe when this is done, customers will increase. A lot of people perform at their best when they're under pressure, marketers do same for the growth of the bank

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.720
Raw Dex
$0.008
Banks are looking at increase they believe when this is done, customers will increase.So they are willing to pay the banks marketers to make more money for them even under pressure,

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If I ever give a thought to working in the bank, the marketing department would be the last place I would work. They are always under pressure. Some of them would virtually beg you to open account with them.
I would work on the customer service and cashier department. I can never work as a bank marketer. If it is easy to convince someone to bring millions to open account, I would convince him or her to come invest it in my business.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.720
Raw Dex
$0.008
Some people do achieve this as they want better under pressure and they are well compensated so the bank continues with it . I think it is a way to increase productivity

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people do achieve this as they want better under pressure and they are well compensated so the bank continues with it . I think it is a way to increase productivity
And some end up doing so many immoral things just to meet up that target. I think the targets should be something that one can realistically meet up with. The pressure makes those Staff to be desperate.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.720
Raw Dex
$0.008
The pressure is real and makes those Staff to be desperate. so Well stated I have read about some of the them ending up doing unthinkable things which is bad.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.263
In my view, bankers cannot whine about it if they signed the contract of agreement. If they signed it, then these job descriptions are needed to be carried out.
Exactly, they can only complain to themselves or to others, but can never really do anything about it because it is what they signed up for. This is why some bankers even go as far as doing immoral things just to be able to meet up with the target.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$7.048
Exactly, they can only complain to themselves or to others, but can never really do anything about it because it is what they signed up for. This is why some bankers even go as far as doing immoral things just to be able to meet up with the target.
I also experienced this situation before. Our product manager gives goals that are unrealistic and pressuring his subordinates. At that time, I always contradict him. I am not fool to be doing that are not possible.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$2.948
Raw Dex
$0.206
The pressure is real and makes those Staff to be desperate. so Well stated I have read about some of the them ending up doing unthinkable things which is bad.
Marketing jobs in the banking sector has become very strenuous exercise and people are really not interested in accepting such jobs because of the unrealistic target.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.263
Giving marketers unrealistic target is not really good because it will be extremely difficult to achieve them.
In most cases some of these boss are just being heatless, while in other cases, there is this popular saying that goes like this " aim for the moon and if you miss you would surely land amongst the stars"
They gives them targets that impossible to they would be able to do their ultimate best.

Back