Why do many businesses fail to adopt technology?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.983
I used to work in an American company in China. They are really a bit backward when it comes to adapting new technology in their factories. The reason is that they do not want to shell out money for new and advance equipment.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
Technology right now is a key in the success of any business,any business that is not running digital ads is applying for suicide,any business that does not have effective communication systems like zoom,teams and skype for meetings is rtrading on a dangerous path,their payroll system has to be digitized and so many more depending on level.But the challange could be that workers and the companies may not be ready to purchase the digital working tools and distribute to the workers which initially is how it should be.

We also have the same situations where some parts are not having access to the electricity grid and internet and mobile network.More especially in africa where we are still having this challenge.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$2.090
Raw Dex
$3.323
Not every business is able to adopt new technology as it requires a lot of money and then they need to train their employees with the latest technology which requires money and takes time too so not everyone company can afford to do that

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.188
I dont really think there is a specific answer to this question though, every business has a reason as to why they refuse to include technology. I know of some persons who till now have refused to make use of technology, and his main reason is that technology could be hacked at anytime.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Many business are scared by the high cost of purchasing advanced technological equipment and the high cost of maintenance. And also there are instances where the workers discourage the use of advanced techs because it might make the company run on automation where minimal human work force will be needed .

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I used to work in an American company in China. They are really a bit backward when it comes to adapting new technology in their factories. The reason is that they do not want to shell out money for new and advance equipment.
This is the reason, some people don't want to spend money in businesses but want their businesses to become successful.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.443
I agree with you, it can be caused by high cost of acquiring and maintaining new technology on their businesses. Getting some of these tools and gadgets can he very expensive

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$2.090
Raw Dex
$3.323
It requires a huge capital investment so its not easy for every company to adopt the latest technology and they prefer to stick with the old ways to save money

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
The reason why many companies or organizations are not technologically inclined is simply because they don't have young people that are technically sound in the management team. Technology does not have to be expensive to be useful.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This can be caused by high cost of acquiring and maintaining new technology on their businesses among other reasons.

I believe that it's only local businesses that find it very difficult to work with technology because the nature of business is not something that demand the use of technology apart from banking transaction.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it is mainly naivety and lack of exposure. If you check well, those businesses that fail to adopt Technology are bossed by men that are advanced or a bit advanced in age. So it is expected

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I think many businesses fail to adopt technology due to many reasons like including a lack of knowledge about the available technology the high cost of technology adoption and the belief that their current methods are sufficient fear of change and resistance from employees can also be a factor.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
Some businesses are just looking at the cost of adopting technology in their operations. They don't understand that there are technologies for basic level.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yeah right, I totally agree with you. Some companies are too frugal and reluctant to spend more to adopt technology. Even though technology will make work easier and can increase productivity.

Back