Why do many businesses fail to adopt technology?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Some people remain in their old thoughts. Nobody believe but M.D of my last company, who was running business on top level but he was using keypad mobile, he refused to use smartphone.
Mobile keypads are rarely used in my country. Even scavengers and street beggars, their cellphones are very sophisticated. Even though businessmen who want to use smartphones will benefit their business more, especially in my country there are demands that businesses must have social media, at least a WhatsApp account.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.452
Well, adoption of the technology on the business needs alot of initial investment and business funding. Most businesses can't afford this because of the ongoing inflation and other poor economic conditions affecting the businesse nowadays.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.983
Not every business is able to adopt new technology as it requires a lot of money and then they need to train their employees with the latest technology which requires money and takes time too so not everyone company can afford to do that
Some companies failed to use modern technology because they do not need them in the first place. They did not conduct research if they really need them in the company. Thus, they failed to do this because of such a reason.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some businesses are just looking at the cost of adopting technology in their operations. They don't understand that there are technologies for basic level.

This is why it is always encouraged that a business owner be creative when it comes to how he or she is running his business so that you can be able to adapt easily.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Some companies failed to use modern technology because they do not need them in the first place. They did not conduct research if they really need them in the company. Thus, they failed to do this because of such a reason.
So true. Sometimes there are companies that are very closed to new technological developments, because they are technology blind and lazy to learn technology. Example: In this modern and digital era, there are demands for retail businesses to open their online stores on the marketplace, but some don't want to open them for the reasons I mentioned.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
One thing that makes businesses unwilling to adopt technology is that they feel it is too expensive to set up. They forget that it is a cost saving measure in the long run.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.452
The Morden technology comes with its benefits and drawbacks. In most cases small businesses doesn't have enough economic resources to be utilized in the Morden technology in a matter of fact.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
In today's world, businesses are driven by technology. But some people don't understand how to apply technology in their businesses. Some think their businesses is too traditional and local to apply technology.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
One thing that makes businesses unwilling to adopt technology is that they feel it is too expensive to set up. They forget that it is a cost saving measure in the long run.
That's right I agree with you. Many business people do not want to spend capital to adopt technology, with reasons to save money. Even though the existence of technology can make work more effective, fast, and efficient, so that it can save more on the company's operational costs.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
It is sponsored by traditional mindsets and if you look well, those businesses that fail to adopt technology are managed and owned by older people who are just trying to grasp the usefulness of technology.
That's right I agree with you. Many business people do not want to spend capital to adopt technology, with reasons to save money. Even though the existence of technology can make work more effective, fast, and efficient, so that it can save more on the company's operational costs.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
It is sponsored by traditional mindsets and if you look well, those businesses that fail to adopt technology are managed and owned by older people who are just trying to grasp the usefulness of technology.
That's right I agree with you. I also once worked at a company where he was reluctant to implement technology. Never mind technology and even basic needs such as scissors, trash cans that are damaged are not immediately replaced. The company facilities provided are lacking.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
That's right I agree with you. I also once worked at a company where he was reluctant to implement technology. Never mind technology and even basic needs such as scissors, trash cans that are damaged are not immediately replaced. The company facilities provided are lacking.
A school I taught didn't have a single computer system in the whole school, not to talk of automating processes like result delivery and assignments. I was the computer teacher and when I spoke to him, he said the school was not ready for that.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
A school I taught didn't have a single computer system in the whole school, not to talk of automating processes like result delivery and assignments. I was the computer teacher and when I spoke to him, he said the school was not ready for that.
So, in the school where you teach there are no computers? Even though today's times are getting more sophisticated, every teacher should have their own laptop for the sake of their work efficiency.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
So, in the school where you teach there are no computers? Even though today's times are getting more sophisticated, every teacher should have their own laptop for the sake of their work efficiency.
The school doesn't have a computer system and I have to be hiring computers and projectors when I want to do practical. And the owner is not bothered about it. It is all business to him.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
The school doesn't have a computer system and I have to be hiring computers and projectors when I want to do practical. And the owner is not bothered about it. It is all business to him.
Is the computer in your place still a rarity? It is very mushrooming here, in fact almost every house has at least 1 laptop. But I also don't have it for now, only my brother has a computer. :D

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
This can be caused by high cost of acquiring and maintaining new technology on their businesses among other reasons.
This is true and I know that a lot of businesses are running away from expenses and that is why they will rather use the local method instead of using technology

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
In the current environment that us characterized by ever rising incidences of cybercrime, a business may opt not to adopt related technology with a view to protecting itself from suffering losses. While this strategy is bound to be short lived because the world is increasingly becoming digital, it can offer some form of security to a business.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
This is true and I know that a lot of businesses are running away from expenses and that is why they will rather use the local method instead of using technology
That's right I agree with you. Besides the costs they don't want to pay for adopting the technology. It is also because of an old-fashioned mindset that they continue to work with traditional methods.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
This can be caused by high cost of acquiring and maintaining new technology on their businesses among other reasons.
You are right, this may hinder them from using technological tools which make their work easier and faster, small businesses may not necessarily need to use this because their works aren't much to do .

Back