Why do organizations/people renege on business contracts?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We always hear cases of two business organizations or person being in court for failing to honor business contracts. And most times, these contracts were voluntarily assented to and signed by the defaulting party voluntarily.

What are the possible reasons that would cause a business organization or a person go back in a contract he or she willingly signed? How can this trend of not honoring business contracts be stopped?

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I believe that this usually happens whenever why the party is no longer meeting the goals they actually set out initially to achieve from the business contract, so they will end up terminating it along the way.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
Sometimes it is due to circumstances beyond ones control. you might be serious with a contract but the money expected isn't forth coming and that will be a problem with the other party

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think one of the main reasons is one party failed to fulfil the obligations listed in the agreement. That may be due to financial problems faced by the party, or something wrong with the quality of the products they provide.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One thing that makes people fail to keep up with the terms of a contract is the inability or lack of willngness study and understand the terms of the contract before assenting to it. Some contract terms are very tough but some people don't even understand to counter such terms.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I think one of the main reasons is one party failed to fulfil the obligations listed in the agreement. That may be due to financial problems faced by the party, or something wrong with the quality of the products they provide.
I believe that contracts can always be renegotiated if it turns out nit to favour a particular party. That is why I don't sign any contract that doesn't have a clause for that contract to be reviewed as situation changes.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I feel the mistake these people made when going into this contracts is that they looked at their current condition and just accept cause they could do it. They failed to think ahead if they would be able to cope with this on the long run or not.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I feel the mistake these people made when going into this contracts is that they looked at their current condition and just accept cause they could do it. They failed to think ahead if they would be able to cope with this on the long run or not.
It is true that people sign contracts without looking into the future. Some people signed contracts when they were rather small and discovered that the contract is no longer feasible when they became mega. That is why I support short term contracts.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
I personally think that it is a part of business to encounter this kind of business conflicts with partners, clients, etc. That is why we need to go to court for resolving these issues.

Yohanna

Notable
Mar 19, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I personally think that it is a part of business to encounter this kind of business conflicts with partners, clients, etc. That is why we need to go to court for resolving these issues.
In each and every partnership business that have come across, conflict is inevitable but it should not escalate to the extent that it will cause the liquidation of the business and that is why a deed of contract must be followed.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When a business partnership or contract gets to the point of going to court, that means it is beyond repairs. I would rather renegotiate a contract with my partner if he is open to shifting grounds.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
One thing that makes people fail to keep up with the terms of a contract is the inability or lack of willngness study and understand the terms of the contract before assenting to it. Some contract terms are very tough but some people don't even understand to counter such terms.
I believe that whenever it is no longer feasible for the business to be profitable to the parties that are involved that is when they will decide to pull out of the contract they already agreed on.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people sign contracts without reading what is actually required of them. A good example is how we always hit "I have read and accept the guidelines" online without really reading through. People should be made to understand what they are signing to avoid this.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I believe that this usually happens whenever why the party is no longer meeting the goals they actually set out initially to achieve from the business contract, so they will end up terminating it along the way.
Another thing is disagreement between the people who own the company together and they will just want to part ways when they see that they can no longer work together

Back