Why does a company need to demote an employee?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I do not think a person is willing to be humiliated. Well, jobs are scarce but can one continue to work for a company that humiliates him? Maybe a better approach would be reducing his pay scale and not making the news public.
Not making it public probably is a sound course that could be pursued. But making it public has an effect of deterring the other staff to be on their b best behavior.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
It is perfectly not out of place to demote an employee. There are always punishments for erring and demotions could be one of such punishments. A staff that fought and seriously wounded a junior Staff in the organization was demoted to become a very junior Staff and I hope he learned from it.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my view, there is nothing wrong if a company demoted an employee. One thing is for sure, he or she cannot carried out his or her job responsibilities. A company is not a fool to pay a person who cannot their jobs right. I had observed that these people are the products of nepotism. It is an old practice that needs to be stopped.
Well , I see no reason to remote an employee in the first place without any reason, but if there are reasons to it maybe such person carry out his job well which he has been doing before ,then there is need to call such person to order or offer training

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.780
On the contrary, there have been many cases of people getting fired from the job. In the end, those people ended up working a really low-paying job in the end. This could be a big shock to many. However, this is a reality.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.090
On the contrary, there have been many cases of people getting fired from the job. In the end, those people ended up working a really low-paying job in the end. This could be a big shock to many. However, this is a reality.
And such an employee would gi to start building it again afresh whereas there is a higher chanve of rising up quickly if it was a demotion from your previous organization. Punitive measures are part of the things done to instill discipline in the workplace.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.930
That is right and the appropriate course of action. The company should consider demoting employees if they do not meet job expectations. Other employees may be better suited for the role.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.580
Raw Dex
$1.240
There are times when the company management needs to set an example for other employees and they do demote employees so others may not commit mistakes like that

King Belieal

Notable
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.001
Raw Dex
$0.190
A company demoting an employee could be as a result if disciplinary measures. And most times,. they always restore the employee if he or she shows humility and willingness to stay in line.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
Basically all companies need work and performance, if they get result even in reasonable level then they don't touch their employees. On the other hand if someone continuously showing decline in his performance then company has right to even fire that employee.

Back