Why does new business owners talk bad things about existing business?

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some times we hear some bad things about some well known and well established product of a well known business, and some bad rumors are maid to make the business and the products hate by customers and shift to another products and some times this bad rumors and bad words are stared by a new business owners since they can't compete with the well established business.
so do you think this thing is ethical thing to do?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.180
It is the competition of the business world but I believe this pattern is unethical and should not be allowed. Businesses can compete without having to slander the other business.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
In business some people do this, but it is a sort of unethical practice. And sooner or later general customers realized this, when all reality comes Infront of people then they show their strong resistance to concern people.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
There are so many reasons for this, in most cases this is just a sign that they are feeling insecure due to the competition the older ones pose to them, so they feel bad mouthing them would be the perfect solution to win people over to them.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is the competition of the business world but I believe this pattern is unethical and should not be allowed. Businesses can compete without having to slander the other business.
Yeah they do this things to compete with another business owners, most of the times when new business owners and new companies come to the business world they start this kinds for bad rumors.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.225
Raw Dex
$0.070
It is about the unhealthy competition of the business world. That's humans for you , they just want to run the other businesses or brands down. I do not think it is necessary

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are so many reasons for this, in most cases this is just a sign that they are feeling insecure due to the competition the older ones pose to them, so they feel bad mouthing them would be the perfect solution to win people over to them.
You are right, some times new business owners fear about the competitions they face in the business world and since they don't believe on their business they start the rumor so that other business can fall.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
You are right, some times new business owners fear about the competitions they face in the business world and since they don't believe on their business they start the rumor so that other business can fall.
Yes, this is not only limited to new businesses, I have also come across classes where old business owners talk bad a new new businesses, just so people would not go to them in the future.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, this is not only limited to new businesses, I have also come across classes where old business owners talk bad a new new businesses, just so people would not go to them in the future.
Yeah that is true i have also seen that, they talk bad things about new business, if the new business is having some good profit and if the business is having a lots of customers other old business starts rumor about it in order to have its customers.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.160
Raw Dex
$0.323
Though it is rarely discussed , criminally defaming hardworking business owners, especially online, is a very lucrative business , a person whose reputation is damaged, can be easily cheated, exploited, robbed, which is lucrative for larger companies.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
Yeah that is true i have also seen that, they talk bad things about new business, if the new business is having some good profit and if the business is having a lots of customers other old business starts rumor about it in order to have its customers.
Yes, it's common over here, since we are in Africa and we believe in things like rituals and other diabolical acts that they do exist. Once some see a new business doing extremely well in such a short time, they start spreading rumors that the owner is into rituals. Though some are true, but not all.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, it's common over here, since we are in Africa and we believe in things like rituals and other diabolical acts that they do exist. Once some see a new business doing extremely well in such a short time, they start spreading rumors that the owner is into rituals. Though some are true, but not all.
True, in our Continent this thing is common and happens very often, of course there are some times which this rumors are true and real happening but not all the times, in my country they started a rumor about coca cola that how bad for it is for our bone health.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.410
l have learned that most businessmen tend to leave their older businesses for the new ones. So they are likely to I'll speak of the former business because they Once failed from them.

olaniyi

Unfamiliar
Jun 10, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In every business or any company there is always competition so I surely believe the new business owner is looking for a way to get his or her product competite with the existing one

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.520
Raw Dex
$0.190
I think the OP is generalising things. Just because some nee businesses are talk bad things about existing business owners does not mean all new business owners talk bad things.

Back