Why house helps are becoming scarce.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have a fulltime job from Monday to Friday and we have a store to attend to so it's really essential to have a fulltime househelp. They have become scarce nowadays, maybe because most have gone abroad for better pay. Most that you can get now are stay-out ones and sometimes they fail to report as scheduled. What I really need. is someone who can attend to cleaning up the house and cook simple dish.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
I think the main reason why in some cases, finding help can be hard to do, is that there are some people who see their value in the work they do and wants to make sure it is met. Sometimes, it just might be that where you are looking for the help, doesn't always deliver to what you expect for hiring of help.

With me, I expect some degree of knowledge for the job, if it is something other than typical cleaning. I know that if you are looking for a cook that will make stuff from recipe, instead of putting together store bought, easy to prepare items; the cook's job can get more expensive with that experience, than someone who hasn't had more than basic learning how to cook outside of their own family and if they had worked at a business that sells food.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.708
The reason behind it is, they went to school for there are free colleges and universities in our country. There are poor but deserving, so at this time, there seems none left behind in terms of education, that is the reason why you can no longer find a house helper.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with you but in my case I am
I think the main reason why in some cases, finding help can be hard to do, is that there are some people who see their value in the work they do and wants to make sure it is met. Sometimes, it just might be that where you are looking for the help, doesn't always deliver to what you expect for hiring of help.

With me, I expect some degree of knowledge for the job, if it is something other than typical cleaning. I know that if you are looking for a cook that will make stuff from recipe, instead of putting together store bought, easy to prepare items; the cook's job can get more expensive with that experience, than someone who hasn't had more than basic learning how to cook outside of their own family and if they had worked at a business that sells food.
I agree with you...But in my case I am just looking for a simple one who knows basic household chores. A hundred dollar a month is too low for them.

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There could be several reasons why house helps are becoming scarce. One is that many people are opting for alternative solutions such as online services, which are often more convenient and cost-effective. Additionally, the cost of living has risen significantly in many parts of the world, making it difficult for people to afford to hire house helps.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$5.795
Raw Dex
$0.053
Whereas here in India, they are not scarce but they have become expensive now. Maybe because the cost of living is increasing so they are started asking for more money.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.708
We no longer have house help. She eats more than all people at home eat:ROFLMAO:I told my sister we will experience bankruptcy in this case, so we better release our house helper. We only hire a laundry woman to do the washing once a week. We pay 1,500 one day washing with free two snacks and 1 meal.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$5.795
Raw Dex
$0.053
We no longer have house help. She eats more than all people at home eat:ROFLMAO:I told my sister we will experience bankruptcy in this case, so we better release our house helper. We only hire a laundry woman to do the washing once a week. We pay 1,500 for one day of washing with free two snacks and 1 meal.

That is expensive we have a kept a maid who cleans the house and washes dishes and we pay her $30 per month.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
In my city, it's difficult to find a local house helper. Most families hire house helper from the Philippines or Indonesia. Their salary is lower than the local ones.

Sawe

Somewhat Known
May 14, 2024
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.823
House helps are scarce because many people have gone to tertiary schools and now working at different careers. Also, many have preferred being house helps in foreign countries, they earn better there.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.050
In my country the house helps are increasingly in numbers as the rates of employment raising
Post automatically merged:

In my country the house helps are increasingly in numbers as the rates of employment raising

Back