Why is Crypto Banned?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) banned cryptocurrency transactions in Nigeria in February 2021 due to concerns over illegal activities such as money laundering and terrorism financing that could be facilitated by cryptocurrencies.

Edulady

Notable
Jul 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't know if I should say in my country we a slowly recognising it or they are slowly trying to block it's arrival. It's a bit confusing. Theres conflicting narratives. In the other hand we have people's accounts being frozen because if it then on the other hand we have people prospering because of it

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.240
Most of the government and financial institutions ( central banks) around the globe are wary of cryptos. They have no clarity over it and they try to either ban it or discourage it. India too follows the same...there is no legal status to cryptos and a very high tax on crypto related activities.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.040
There are still restrictions on the use of crypto currency in Nigeria even till now though. I received a message from my raven wallet some days back reminding me that they would block any account they noticed is dealing with crypto.
I wonder what's even the problem. They should rather regulate than ban it

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.040
It is definitely something that should be prevented from happening if a black market is not always formed, there are several countries where it is happening, I think yours is one of them.
Yeah mine is one of it . I hope the government would have a change of heart soon about this ban which I don't see a sense in it

Ebutech

Somewhat Known
Oct 20, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country crypto is banned, but people make use of P2P to buy and sell crypto, and while sending your transaction description you dare not add any crypto related word, else your bank account will be banned.
Currently many countries (governments) prohibit crypto either directly or indirectly. As China has banned all crypto transaction activities, it is even considered illegal and will be subject to punishment. In Indonesia crypto is prohibited as a means of exchange, so it can only be used to buy on foreign sites such as domains or web hosting on Namecheap. In Indonesia, crypto is considered a commodity that can be traded on crypto exchanges. But indirectly, the government also limits the movement of crypto by imposing a tax for every sale transaction subject to an income tax of 0.2, while if a purchase is subject to VAT of 0.11%, how is crypto treated in your country?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.040
In my country crypto is banned, but people make use of P2P to buy and sell crypto, and while sending your transaction description you dare not add any crypto related word, else your bank account will be banned.
It is this bad thstd why everyone trading crypto should be very careful to avoid complicating issues for self

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.923
There are still restrictions on the use of crypto currency in Nigeria even till now though. I received a message from my raven wallet some days back reminding me that they would block any account they noticed is dealing with crypto.
And it is this same cryptocurrency that is giving us the adventure of making some money online

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cryptocurrency is actually tormenting government and financial institutions. Cryptocurrency is revolutionizing financial transactions around the world. Many countries are afraid of what tomorrow hold because of cryptocurrency.

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cryptocurrency is not universally banned, however, some countries have imposed restrictions on its use due to various reasons such as concerns over money laundering, financing of illegal activities, lack of consumer protections, price volatility, and the challenge it poses to their monetary policy. Additionally, there may be concerns about the potential for cryptocurrency to undermine their national currency. Each country has its own set of regulations and it's important to be aware of the specific laws and regulations in your jurisdiction.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.240
It's quite evident that crypto ban has not worked in any of the countries so far. Government bans it fearing that it's being used for nefarious illegal activities. But then still people are involved in it through some othe means. It would be better for government to bring rules and regulations around it. But that would definitely be a tricky and challenging task. It's a huge market with no central authority. Bringing it under regulations would be challenging.

ridsa

Complete Stranger
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
they get banned because government can't track the money activity and it can use for money laundry and other illegal payment and the risk is too high that can make economic chaos.

Back