Why most companies do not allow remote working.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
It has become pretty common these days to find workers who work for a particular company or organization to work form home, but there are still lots of companies who do not allow this. One major reason for this is the high level of distraction. Does working from home can easily get distracted by one thing or the other, the there is the issue of lost of time work life balance.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
I think it has more to do with a cultural thing in my country. Work is supposed to be done outside the home culturally even to the point that people would assume someone to be lazy just because that person stays at home during working hours.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
The truth is that some workers do less, working from home since they are really supervised. Then one can easily get distracted by those or things around which is bad

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It has become pretty common these days to find workers who work for a particular company or organization to work form home, but there are still lots of companies who do not allow this. One major reason for this is the high level of distraction. Does working from home can easily get distracted by one thing or the other, the there is the issue of lost of time work life balance.

The nature of a company's business is what determine if it is going to be possible to allow some of the workers to work from home which is why you see most people that are working in a production firm not been allowed to work from home because they cannot be able to carry out their job being at home.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I think it depends on the kind of job too Because they are some jobs that cannot be carried out their at home. You just have to do it at workplace

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Most do not allow their employees to work remotely, for the reason that some jobs are insufficient or cannot be done online. Example: Making products in a manufacturing company, selling products in offline stores, etc.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
The thing is that some workers would want to abuse this model of working. So they office cannot monitor their job which might be a delay in doing this daily

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think it depends on the kind of job too Because they are some jobs that cannot be carried out their at home. You just have to do it at workplace

This is the reason why whenever someone who is interested in working remotely is looking for a job he or she must look for companies that offer job opportunities that can be carried out at home.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I have doing remote jobs but work as a freelancer. I do believe that some companies allowed their employees to work at home during the pandemic. But then, they are all back to their offices now.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I like more work from home now. it seems I'm becoming so people need to know the jobs that can work for them and go for it, to avoid unnecessary pressure

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Yes the kind of job also plays a major role. Like does writing jobs or designing jobs can be done from home, but jobs that requires physical activities and as well the ones you make use of machines, can only be done at the office.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I think it has more to do with a cultural thing in my country. Work is supposed to be done outside the home culturally even to the point that people would assume someone to be lazy just because that person stays at home during working hours.

Perhaps they never allow working under such conditions because it may be really hard to analyse or assess the performance of the employees or monitor them personally.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Majority of the companies do not allow remote jobs because they want to see their workers present physically and be able to ensure proper and adequate monitoring.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Majority of the companies do not allow remote jobs because they want to see their workers present physically and be able to ensure proper and adequate monitoring.

I believe it is actually the reason why some people are not comfortable now I'm going to work in offices because they don't like to be monitored when it comes to analysing how they are working.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Exactly my point , it always depends on the jobs like writing jobs can be done from home so the company might allow such but not jobs that requires physical activities

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Work that has to do with paperwork can be done at home. But it is a difficult thing in my country since we are grappling with trying to stabilize the online culture in my country.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.433
I can tell about my company as they also don't allow, they feel the person may not work as effectively as they do at work so they want most of us to work from office

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
I believe it is actually the reason why some people are not comfortable now I'm going to work in offices because they don't like to be monitored when it comes to analysing how they are working.

Well, many people have experienced this issue. There could be a time when the boss monitors what employees are doing in an obsessive manner. This could be very unhealthy for the employees and taint the working conditions.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes people believe you are lazy when you tell them you work from home even if you spend longer time than people going out to work. And the funny part is that a lot of people that work from home earn better money

Back