why renting a car may be a better financial decision than owning one

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When renting a car, you don't have to worry about the cost of regular maintenance and repairs.
Renting a car gives you the flexibility to choose a different model or make of car depending on your needs, rather than being stuck with one car.
When you own a car, it depreciates in value over time. Renting a car eliminates this cost.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
It depends on certain circumstances. If a person really needs it, then it is fine to have his or her car. For me, I prefer to buy a van.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
You have a point but i do not agree with it being cheaper. What about in a situation where you want to travel to places like Lagos or abuja and you are probably from warri, you might spend roughly around 10k or more if its a public transport just to get there and you will definitely spend more if its private. Yesterday we rented a car to go to a place that the distance was not even up to an hour, but we paid 25,000.If you have your personal car, these days most cars does not consume fuel. You can use that amount to buy fuel that would not only last you for your journey but also have reserve.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
You have a point but i do not agree with it being cheaper. What about in a situation where you want to travel to places like Lagos or abuja and you are probably from warri, you might spend roughly around 10k or more if its a public transport just to get there and you will definitely spend more if its private. Yesterday we rented a car to go to a place that the distance was not even up to an hour, but we paid 25,000.If you have your personal car, these days most cars does not consume fuel. You can use that amount to buy fuel that would not only last you for your journey but also have reserve.
You are spot on in this analysis. It is generally cheaper to own a car if you move around much often. If you step out occasionally, you can be renting.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.161
Because there is no car to maintain, renting a car may be preferable for some people. There is also no need to spend money on gas. However, it may be useful to others who live in a remote area with no public transportation.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
The cost of renting a car continuously for 3 months is far higher than you just fuelling your car and going to where you want to go. Car rentals are not cheap and they charge per hour.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
When renting a car, you don't have to worry about the cost of regular maintenance and repairs.
Renting a car gives you the flexibility to choose a different model or make of car depending on your needs, rather than being stuck with one car.
When you own a car, it depreciates in value over time. Renting a car eliminates this cost.
But then, you can't always rent a car without owning one you can call your own, I just think if you calculate the cost of renting over a period of time if you are the type that's always renting most times, the price will be up to that of a car.

Back