Will it be OK to let you know your employees play during their break?

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
My company does not have this system but I hope they do and If they can allow and let their employees play some sort of sport like Volleyball or Cricket or any other physical outdoor game then it'll be best to make them stress free.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.923
It is nice if they play but they should not disturb the surroundings or the people trying to work in the office
My company does not have this system but I hope they do and If they can allow and let their employees play some sort of sport like Volleyball or Cricket or any other physical outdoor game then it'll be best to make them stress free.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$1.600
Raw Dex
$0.140
Well, break time in any workplace is very important. Human beings are not robots and they need breaks in between their work to relax and rejuvenate. This also improves their efficiency and productivity. And that would be beneficial for the business too with more happy and productive employees.
Well, the sports that you mentioned will require some good amount of physical space and that might be a constraint.
I know that many corporates have gym facilities that can be used by the employees. My husband's company has it. They also have a refreshing corner to catch up with chit chat, coffee and play some board games. My cousin works for a new start up and most people there are young in their twenties. I was impressed to see a table tennis, foosball and some exercising balls in their refreshing room. These youth used these facilities to relax between work. They had carrrom, snakes and ladders kind of games too.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$8.838
Its their break, whatever they decide to do during their break is up to them, the most important thing is that it does not affect their work ability and the image of the company.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I believe that doing work break time, you can decide to do anything that you want to do as long as it doesn't prevent you from getting back to your work once the break time is over.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is a very good idea. In this way, the employees get back to work feeling refreshed.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.550
Raw Dex
$0.478
I think it is a personal thing to know what they are doing during their breaks. In respect to privacy concern, we should not need to do this. Let them have their things during the free time at work.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$1.600
Raw Dex
$0.140
As long as they are abiding by the rules of the workplace where they work, one should have no problem with what they do in their break time. If the workplace rules say that employees cannot play during break, then should not.
These days, most corporates allow different things to relax minds of employees during break time. Games and sports are part of that. It would rather improve their work quality.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Work is not suooosed to be so serious. A little joke, a little play won't be out of place. That's one thing I liked about my former workplace. We joked and played when we could. And we worked when we could.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think it is a personal thing to know what they are doing during their breaks. In respect to privacy concern, we should not need to do this. Let them have their things during the free time at work.

This is actually the same way that I see it because everyone will definitely have a different way they want to spend their break and you are not going to force anyone to actually get involved in playing.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$1.600
Raw Dex
$0.140
Work is not suooosed to be so serious. A little joke, a little play won't be out of place. That's one thing I liked about my former workplace. We joked and played when we could. And we worked when we could.
I totally agree there. Workplace should not be very restricted. No one likes that. Now a days more and more workplaces are giving employment happiness and mental health a lot of importance. Happy employees are more productive employees. So, workplace should accommodate things that would help employees be happy and then be more productive.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You don't also have to monitor and restrict employees even till their break period. Break periods are what it is, "Break" and your staff should be free to do anything this period.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.923
You don't also have to monitor and restrict employees even till their break period. Break periods are what it is, "Break" and your staff should be free to do anything this period.
They should be able to do anything but there should be limits to what they do because the break period is still in the workplace and the workplace should have some rules and regulations

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$11.115
For me I think it would be very much okay. This is because those people were in their Break when they are all did something different from the work for that matter.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$1.600
Raw Dex
$0.140
No one likes to be monitored and policed all the time. Employees are adults and they would be more responsible and committed if they get to enjoy the freedom. They can use their break time in any way they like to relax as long it's not something strictly prohibited at work place like indulging in alcoholic beverages or drugs etc.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$10.000
Raw Dex
$0.850
There should be somebody to initiate it because your company heads are so busy thinking about the updates of your company. There should be COMPANY DAYS during the founding day celebration.

Back