Will PayPal Work If You use It While Travelling Abroad?

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.780
There are many people who want to use PayPal while they are away from their home country. This also includes using money because they might have had stored money in their PayPal account. Let's suppose if you travel to another country, then would it be possible for you to use your PayPal account while shopping in that particular country?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Although it is possible to use Paypal to pay for transactions in other countries, but because the IP address is different, PayPal will ask for confirmation, which takes time so that the payment process will take longer. The use of different internet providers will be easily attacked by hackers. as Mr Jordan has done not to open a Coinbase or PayPal account while he is not at home

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
In my view you can work but one thing is here when you try to send money they will send you code on your mobile and if you are in other country then it may not work.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
I prefer to use my bank ATM cards than using PayPal abroad. Regardless, it is also better to have my pocket money when traveling.
It is possible that country you travel for doesn't support PayPal then it is hard to prove that it is you using PayPal, especially many uses PayPal of their relative in foreign countries.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
I actually have a master card tied to my PayPal account. So anyplace I go to that accepts master card, regardless of what country I am in, paying with my paypal account will work for whatever I purchase. I find it a nice way to pay for something, as I will less likely deal with bank fees from my bank, dealing with currency conversions this way.

Last edited:

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
I actually have a mastercard tied to my PayPal account. So anyplace I go to that accepts visa, regardless of what country I am in, paying with my paypal account will work for whatever I purchase. I find it a nice way to pay for something, as I will less likely deal with bank fees from my bank, dealing with currency conversions this way.
I have it needs additional verification from paypal itself if you are travelling you should notify the team for period for your travel and may be send you id again if I am not wrong.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
I have it needs additional verification from paypal itself if you are travelling you should notify the team for period for your travel and may be send you id again if I am not wrong.
Yeah, my regular bank has that policy too, to prevent the card from being declined while abroad. I've actually had my older brother come from Alaska, down to where I live, and he had to contact his bank, due to the vast geographic differences with card purchases.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
There are many people who want to use PayPal while they are away from their home country. This also includes using money because they might have had stored money in their PayPal account. Let's suppose if you travel to another country, then would it be possible for you to use your PayPal account while shopping in that particular country?
I think PayPal we will work as long as you are in a country where it is allowed to work

Back