Withholding school certificates of new job applicants.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some companies witholding school certificates for new job applicants, with the aim of preventing the employee from stealing and then running away with the company's assets. What do you think about it?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
That is a terrible practice and such a company can be sued. What happened to getting a guarantor as a security for your staff. Doing that, you stop the staff from pursuing any other thing that might need his credentials to process.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is a terrible practice and such a company can be sued. What happened to getting a guarantor as a security for your staff. Doing that, you stop the staff from pursuing any other thing that might need his credentials to process.
That's right I agree with you. Such a thing should not be implemented. If we truly trust employees properly, there is no need to withhold school certificates. We can use other ways to monitor employees, for example by installing CCTV cameras.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
That's right I agree with you. Such a thing should not be implemented. If we truly trust employees properly, there is no need to withhold school certificates. We can use other ways to monitor employees, for example by installing CCTV cameras.
Trust issues can be resolved by telling a potential employee to bring a high ranking citizen to stand for him or her. If he or she steals, no need to chase the staff. Just tell the guarantor to pay. And he is under obligation to pay.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
That's just a businessman's excuse for workers not to quickly move to other bigger companies, that's an excuse that doesn't make sense, because the workers' identities already exist in the company so the police can easily arrest them. Original withholding school certificates are often applied to salesman employees, in general, if the diploma is still being held and the worker is about to resign, he must pay a fine.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
That's just a businessman's excuse for workers not to quickly move to other bigger companies, that's an excuse that doesn't make sense, because the workers' identities already exist in the company so the police can easily arrest them. Original withholding school certificates are often applied to salesman employees, in general, if the diploma is still being held and the worker is about to resign, he must pay a fine.
I don't ever submit my original credentials to any institution unless I am being ordered to do so by a recognized court. My original credentials are my property and for others, it is for viewership only.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, that's true, that's also the reason. But shouldn't a certified photocopy from the school suffice without withholding the original diploma? Because if the certificates is lost, does the company want to take responsibility?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.748
It is good to have school certificates to show when applying a job, either online or offline. For me, it is best to ask the applicants to secure certificates from the police precinct.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think this is the wrong way to go about it. It would be better to rather have them sign a contract or an agreement about this, and there should be a penalty involved when they fail.
Yes you are right I agree with you. Signing a work contract agreement is much better than withholding a certificates, because it is too risky if the certificates is lost, the company must be responsible.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
It does not even make any sense. Is it that they do not want their employees to seek for another job or what? That kind of company should be reported to the government so that they can take actions.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It does not even make any sense. Is it that they do not want their employees to seek for another job or what? That kind of company should be reported to the government so that they can take actions.
Maybe that's one of the reasons that the employee does not quickly move to another company. That's how some companies here are like that, it's a pity, bosses like that are usually selfish.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Maybe that's one of the reasons that the employee does not quickly move to another company. That's how some companies here are like that, it's a pity, bosses like that are usually selfish.
I have not even heard about something like that. I think it is just better to render a fake certificate to the company but that is crime itself so it is better not to do it...

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.100
Raw Dex
$0.008
In my location, the company will check the school certificates of the job applicant before the job interview. They may make copies of the certificates, but they do not have the right to withhold the original certificates of the applicant.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
I don't ever submit my original credentials to any institution unless I am being ordered to do so by a recognized court. My original credentials are my property and for others, it is for viewership only.
I totally agree with you, we don't have to submit original certificates just to work, especially in private companies which may be very irresponsible in case of loss. So submission of original certificates should be avoided.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
In my location, the company will check the school certificates of the job applicant before the job interview. They may make copies of the certificates, but they do not have the right to withhold the original certificates of the applicant.
This is also what they do in my location and they will try to make sure that every of your certificate is legit and not fake. This is why they mostly request for the original copy

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
This is also what they do in my location and they will try to make sure that every of your certificate is legit and not fake. This is why they mostly request for the original copy
No institution has the right to withhold any applicant or staff's original certificate. If it is for verification purpose, they can request for a transcript from the school. It can't ever happen in my country.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Any kind of company if organisation that has to withhold my school certificate, there is no reason for me to accept their job offer no matter how it is paying high money.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Any kind of company if organisation that has to withhold my school certificate, there is no reason for me to accept their job offer no matter how it is paying high money.
Same here, i do not think i would accept something like that. Which means if i decide to leave, they also have the power to tell me when i should leave, cause my certificate is in their hands. It makes no Sense for them to even do this at all.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Same here, i do not think i would accept something like that. Which means if i decide to leave, they also have the power to tell me when i should leave, cause my certificate is in their hands. It makes no Sense for them to even do this at all.
There is no sense to one getting to have their certificates held due to an offer from a company or organisation as it could be used to hold one down at he organisation if there is a better offer for one.

Back