Would a forum about social networking do well for traffic?

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
Would a forum which is about Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and other social networking sites be hard to get traffic via search engines, direct traffic, and refferal traffic?

I think it might be kind of hard to get activity, members, or traffic if the main topic of your forum is about social networking sites unless it is about a sub-topic related to social networking like "Facebook Groups and Apps Promotion, or Customizing Facebook Group themes."

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
I think it will get traffic depending on type information that are shared in the forum. People are learning how to use social media for marketing and improving their business. I think such forum can be a hit if the forum share information about social media marketing tools, strategies to maximize social media platforms etc

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I wouldn't say that a social media forum wouldn't get any kind of traffic as I feel any forum can get some kind of traffic if they are promoted enough and the working on the SEO is done enough. Depending on how much traffic the forum may get though will more than likely depend on the kind of discussions that are on the forum and whether it's something people would be willing to join a forum for. With social media being so popular now forums could work but if the forum in question tends to talk about a lot of things that many can talk about and discuss in say Facebook pages or groups, it may not get the traction it needs to become active.

Something like a forum regarding using social media to advertise and promote services, business, and such would be a good idea that many would be interested in I feel.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
There is a lot of forums taling about social media networking so getting audience will be extremelly hard especially there is a lot of concurrence in such domain.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
It is really difficult to outsmart social networks in search engine ranking. You might create a thread on "how to create a group on facebook" in your forum but when someone searches for this term, google will always recommend Facebook and not your forum topic.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Such forums may actually do well, but I think it is important your try as much as possible to diversify. You can add a section for make money online and a section for social media.

Back