Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
So something I have been thinking about just recently, especially with me being a freelance writer myself is whether a freelance business would do well and would be profitable.

All too often you see freelancers especially those who are freelance writers looking for work but never being able to find anything solid. With so many freelance workers and even freelance writers on the internet, it is very easy to get lost in the crowd unless you have a good way to stand out.

If a business was set up with the intention of helping freelancers gain work through the site, how well do you think this would do? We already have sites such as UpWork, Fiverr, SEOClerks, and more that offer this service but in some cases, it's not always dedicated to just freelance work.

What are your thoughts?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
With a freelance business, you have to be patient and build your profile. It would get to a point that your profile would be enough to sell you. But when you are starting out focus on building profile.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
At present, my business online is not booming yet. But then, I am hoping it will happen. I join others for aspiring with this kind of aspiration in business life.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
If it is freelance writing, one cannot base his life on that niche of freelancing. It is already too saturated. If you are a very good writer, start a blog. That is the only sure option. You have to learn SEO writing though.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I am a freelancer working on translation. I get my clients mostly by referrals and word of mouth. I also joined Hong Kong Translation Society for networking. When people look for translators, they may check with the Society. I also provide free trial service for new clients. I'm glad that currently, I have built a pretty stable loyal customer base.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This a big question. Freelance business can do well, but it all depends upon your niche. There are some niche in freelance who are highly demanded because providers of such services are minimal.. While demand of some niches are so poor because there are many providers of such services. Examples are writing niche, graphics designing, translation, etc.
Now that apps like chatgpt are used to write contents, customers hardly visit freelance sites for writers.

deucher

Unfamiliar
Mar 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
With in-demand skills, a strong work ethic, and a solid business plan, a freelancing business can thrive. Success may also depend on factors such as market demand, competition, and the ability to effectively market and run the business.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Yes going into freelancing is one of the best business out there in the internet space, it would definitely do well. The major problem here is that the beginning is usually the toughest.

Back