Would you agree to work extra hours if your boss asked you to?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Here the workers are paid for the overtime but we (the staff) work extra hours even if it's not in our contract or even if we are not paid for the overtime. Here most industries have such a trend. You can say it's exploitation but we have to do it because we require the job.
That is why you have to make yourself so valuable that no one can exploit you. You have to be good at what you do and let employers recognize the value you bring to an organization. They can't exploit you that way.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$1.330
Raw Dex
$0.005
I have my importance in the organization and my boss knows it but that's a trend everyone stays after our shift gets over. Our boss says nothing when we leave on time but sometimes he taunts us for it in the meetings.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
This is the very reason you need to study and understand the job contract you are given before you accept and sign. Ask for overtime conditions before you accept an offer. I understand that most people are always desperate to get a job though.
But we should also learn that there are times when we just have to work extra time even without expecting money from the company especially when the company is facing some problems that we have to solve

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Personally speaking, it is fine to work overtime if you are paid. The mere fact is that we need to stick to our job responsibilities. If they are not indicated in our contracts, we do not need to do other tasks. Being busy is fine if we are productive and paid properly by our employers. As for me, both making money and spending time with my family are more important.
I will agree to this if I will be Paid or I have in completed work at hand and need to be submitted before the deadline, but if not , I won't prefer that.

Back