Would you allow your employees bring their babies to work?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.763
I have seen some companies who do not like hiring married women, especially does who are yet to give birth. Some of them feel once they give birth it would greatly affect their performance, then there are some who usually give them a few months off to get things together. Would you allow your workers bring in theit babies to work?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.130
Raw Dex
$0.003
No, the workplace isn't ideal for such act. This is why you have the maternity period. During the period nursing mum's should figure out how they can care for the child without taking them to work.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
I don't think it is ideal to bring a baby to work. Such a staff would he distracted while carrying out his or her job tasks. That is why day care centers exist. Work demands full concentration and a baby is a huge distraction.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
No, the workplace isn't ideal for such act. This is why you have the maternity period. During the period nursing mum's should figure out how they can care for the child without taking them to work.
That's right, I agree with you. The presence of a baby in the workplace will indirectly disrupt concentration and make the work environment less conducive. So many mothers who have babies hire nannies to take care of their children at home.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
To be honest i don't mind workers bringing their babies to work because i like baby's and they are GOD gift so there is not problem bringing babies to work, but if the baby is to little and need to be take care i will give the mother to have some paid day off till the mother get some baby sitter.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$8.295
It is not ideal to bring babies to work. It can be quite distracting as parents need to juggle both work and childcare obligations. Everyone needs to be able to focus on work during work hours.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
There are special days like Family Day or children day etc in a corporate where employees are supposed to bring their family and children. Here in India, a lot is done and promoted to ensure that women are able to carry on with their career despite having children to take care of. Many big corporates have creche and post school day care facilities in their offices. Moms and even dads can use them free or at a very minimal cost. One can even check for the children a few times in between the work. This accommodation and flexibility ensures that more women continue working even after they become parents.

Kera

Somewhat Known
Jun 18, 2024
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.623
If my organisation has an environment that is conducive for the baby, and there would be no distraction for the mother, it is fine for them to bring their babies.

Dewlance

Complete Stranger
Oct 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Yes. I would like to give six months of paid leave and there will be a separate room for babies outside of office area. Employees would need to pay a smaller amount for a babysitter and could also visit their baby whenever they want. A live camera in the baby's room would allow employees to monitor their child from their desk.

This would allow them to work without worry. Additionally, they would receive one extra day of leave for the next three years.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
Yes. I would like to give six months of paid leave and there will be a separate room for babies outside of office area. Employees would need to pay a smaller amount for a babysitter and could also visit their baby whenever they want. A live camera in the baby's room would allow employees to monitor their child from their desk.

This would allow them to work without worry. Additionally, they would receive one extra day of leave for the next three years.
These all are very good ideas. And in this changing socio economic conditions, many businesses are coming up with such facilities. This encourages parents, especially moms to continue working after a baby. It not only helps with the economy of the country, but also with a good mental and emotional health of the employees. Many dads too share the responsibility pf children and such facilities provided by employers is a good initiative.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
In my workplace some mothers bring their babies but with their nannies. They're doing it just to breastfed their babies in a separate room.
It's good that your workplace allows that. Newborn babies need their mother's milk. It's the most healthy thing for them. It's dutu of every workplace to ensure that the Nation grows up to be healthy. It's also so important for the emotional health of both mom and the child.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.760
It's good that your workplace allows that. Newborn babies need their mother's milk. It's the most healthy thing for them. It's dutu of every workplace to ensure that the Nation grows up to be healthy. It's also so important for the emotional health of both mom and the child.
There's nothing wrong with it. Breastfeeding the baby takes some minutes only and the baby can get a sleep.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
There's nothing wrong with it. Breastfeeding the baby takes some minutes only and the baby can get a sleep.
Yes, and it gives a lot of emotional support to the mom also. She is also at peace and happy to have some time with her baby. It is very important for new moms. Once they have the mental peace, they can be more effective and productive at work.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.760
Yes, and it gives a lot of emotional support to the mom also. She is also at peace and happy to have some time with her baby. It is very important for new moms. Once they have the mental peace, they can be more effective and productive at work.
Some moms don't entrust their babies to the nannies. They want to supervise them to avoid problems which we usually hear about some nannies treatment to the helpless babies.

Back