Would you allow your employees to bring in their guest during working hours?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I have seen some companies who do not allow their workers to receive guest during working hours, they are only allowed to attend to their guest during breaks or visiting hours. While there are some who do not mind, the most important thing is that it does not affect their work. Personally i think it would be best to have a specific time where customers are allowed to attend to their visitors.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not proper to use valuable working hours to entertain your own guests unless it is close family members that come in to report an emergency situation.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I have seen some companies who do not allow their workers to receive guest during working hours, they are only allowed to attend to their guest during breaks or visiting hours. While there are some who do not mind, the most important thing is that it does not affect their work. Personally i think it would be best to have a specific time where customers are allowed to attend to their visitors.

They can actually be allowed to bring in their guests during their break hours and have a little discussion with them before they resume their duties officially again.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think it is not appropriate to bring in personal guests to office during office hours. I have never done that when I was working full time. If I had to meet with some one on my work day, I met with him/her during lunch time in a cafe.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I was a paid staff, if I had to meet someone, I had to step out of the organization's premises to meet the person. And that has to be at a time when I don't have anything to be doing.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
There should be a visitors area in an organization where staff can receive their visitors. But you must be conscious that you are on company time when you are receiving your visitors.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it's better for workers to meet their guests during break time, so it doesn't disturb their work productivity level. Even though it's not that busy, sometimes there are things that must be done during working hours.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.648
For me I would never allow such a thing to happen ever in my business or organisation. This is not how a business Should be run professionally in a matter of fact.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
I don't even like the idea of receiving guests at the workplace. it is not proper to use valuable working hours to entertain ones guests. it shows the person is not disciplined

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I think they have their reason for doing that too and it's done not to affect their productivity at work , they just feel spending time with guest outside when you have important tasks waiting for you isn't a right thing .

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think every company and organization should have their visiting policies. It is generally not nice for a staff to use company time to receive guests. It is a staff cheating the company.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They can actually be allowed to bring in their guests during their break hours and have a little discussion with them before they resume their duties officially again.

When I used to work in a company, they clearly told me that they do not allow employees to invite others for a visit at the company. I think that it is really unfair.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Bringing there guest is different from there guest coming univited I won't permit them to bring there guest to work during working hours as it is a great form of distraction

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
I personally think that it is fine if the meeting between him and the guest are essential or an emergency matter. As much as possible, it should not be allowed to visit someone during the working hours at work.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I personally think that it is fine if the meeting between him and the guest are essential or an emergency matter. As much as possible, it should not be allowed to visit someone during the working hours at work.
Well, that is a different case entirely and permission needed to be seek in other to continue the discussion so that even other workers won't see that as a priviledge given to such a person alone.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not ideal to receive guests during working hours. A workplace is a workplace and only work should be seen to be going on there. I might send a bad signal of unseriousness to customers and clients.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If an organization even decides to allow visiting during working hours, it should be very brief. Why I said it should be allowed is because some situations might require urgent intervention. The workplace is for work.

Back