Would you hire an older worker?

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
That's my point exactly, it is not about employing someone of a specific age range the most important thing is whether the person is fit for the position or the job role
I agree with you on this. An older person has to be ascertained if he or she is fit if the job requires physical expense of energy. But older people are known to exhibit calmness in managerial positions.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.080
That's my point exactly, it is not about employing someone of a specific age range the most important thing is whether the person is fit for the position or the job role
But the general assumption is that younger people are best fits for physically tasking jobs. I get your point that the assumption might be wrong sometimes. Plus the fact that older people most times come with a great wealth of experience.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.303
In my country, there is no age discrimination, all can work young and old as long as having the skills to prove their worth t receive a salary. Those retirees can work in the fast food chain; others work as sales ladies.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.263
I understand your point too on the general assumption that younger people are best fits for physically tasking jobs. But not all young people can withstand the strength of an older person that is fitter
But the general assumption is that younger people are best fits for physically tasking jobs. I get your point that the assumption might be wrong sometimes. Plus the fact that older people most times come with a great wealth of experience.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Employing someone who is older than me is not a big deal as long as the person is ready to comply and also follow the rules and regulations of my company so that the company will continue to progress
Hmm, but this is good, but I think employing an older person for your business would make you lenient with such person considering the fact that the person is older and such person might feel tired most times which you will have to understand that and not take action , thereby may lead to low productivity.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
But it is very important for you to be polite to the people that you have employed and do not treat them anyhow just because you gave them jobs. It is good to be nice

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.541
Well, generally I think that older workers are pretty much experienced. They may have much better experience and skills as compared to a young individual who may not have experience or skills at all.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Well, generally I think that older workers are pretty much experienced. They may have much better experience and skills as compared to a young individual who may not have experience or skills at all.
You are right that they are experienced but it is important for us to employ the ones that still have enough strength to work so that they can do your work properly

Back