Would you resign if a junior colleague is promoted to top manager of your organization?

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If a junior colleague is promoted above you in a business setting, it is most likely because he is doing well more than you are doing and you have yourself to be blamed for it.
True talk it is yourself that you are to blame, as it was you who let the performance of your work drop to a level that the junior colleague was seen as being more active and productive and therefore taken to the position of the manager above you.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.360
Raw Dex
$0.003
I would be surprised and would try to find out why the junior is promoted. If it is because of his/her ability and outstanding performance, I would not resign but would start looking for other opportunities.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
True talk it is yourself that you are to blame, as it was you who let the performance of your work drop to a level that the junior colleague was seen as being more active and productive and therefore taken to the position of the manager above you.
It is not always this way my brother. There is what we call workplace politics and it births scenarios like this where you are completely outplayed in the schema of things.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe when I am at work, I am just there to discharge my responsibilities and not compete with anyone. As far as I do my best and get my pay, I won't be bothered by such overtaking by a junior staff. After all, it is not my father's company.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not always this way my brother. There is what we call workplace politics and it births scenarios like this where you are completely outplayed in the schema of things.
Yes I know of what they call work place politics as I am a Nigerian and know what is going on in and around work places even though at the moment I am not working and so I know what I was saying right there in case of a scenario like that.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The privilege of resigning after a junior member of staff receives promotion would be reserved to those people who: are assured that an organization will pursue and placate them, or are certain that they can easily and quickly find another job.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes I know of what they call work place politics as I am a Nigerian and know what is going on in and around work places even though at the moment I am not working and so I know what I was saying right there in case of a scenario like that.
The truth is that I am not concerned about all those positions and titles. As far as I do my work, I would give it my best. I get my pay and increments as at when due. Every other thing becomes needles m

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The truth is that I am not concerned about all those positions and titles. As far as I do my work, I would give it my best. I get my pay and increments as at when due. Every other thing becomes needles m
That is the main thing that a lot of the people forget and get distracted by position that does not even increase your salary or has any added bonuses to it. I only go there to be paid at the end of the month and not to fight or struggle for a position.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is the main thing that a lot of the people forget and get distracted by position that does not even increase your salary or has any added bonuses to it. I only go there to be paid at the end of the month and not to fight or struggle for a position.
Some positions actually increase your salary but the workload is very much. Do you know that some managers don't leave the office hours after everyone else has gone. I don't even envy some of them.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some positions actually increase your salary but the workload is very much. Do you know that some managers don't leave the office hours after everyone else has gone. I don't even envy some of them.
Yes some positions increases your salary by let's say 5%-10% but nothing more than that with lots of workload on you and expectations from your by the top men of the organization and even the junior staffs too.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
If a junior colleague is promoted above you in a business setting, it is most likely because he is doing well more than you are doing and you have yourself to be blamed for it.
That's right I agree with you. As for if that happens to me, then I will not resign as long as the job and work environment are not something that is toxic and interferes with my mental health.

Back