Would you retain a nursing mother?

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
Retaining a nursing mother has a lot to do with the policies of the company but I think it is needed to retain such a worker because their should be a feature that allows nursing mother to work in a company.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.225
Raw Dex
$0.080
If the person can cope with the demands of the job then why not. The employer should be a bit considerate of nursing mothers and give them less job to do

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Most career women here who still have small children will hire a nanny for their child, or they choose to stop working. Everything returns to the woman before, whether she wants to keep working or chooses to quit for the sake of raising children. If I were a boss I would give them the choice and not force it on them.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
When a lady just gives birth, and I am heading or own an organization, I would give her a 3 months paid leave after which she would return back to the organization. I can't lay off a staff because she is a nursing mother.

It is definitely the right thing to do because someone being a nursing mother should not be a reason why they are not employed to work in any company as long as they are doing exactly what is expected of them.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
If she has a track record of being diligent, working hard, and taking her work serious In the past, then if I'm the business owner or the employer I would have no other choice than to retain her, because she is a valuable asset, and the nursing would just be temporary for the meantime.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Its no news that there are women working in most companies these days. Most women are even having leading roles in this companies. In a situation where as a business owner you have a nursing mother who is actually one of the best workers but at the moment is being distracted by her kids, would you still retain her or let her go?
Retaining a nursing mother is not a problem as long as the person is able to take care of a child and also work well even though it is not up to the way she used to work before

Back