Writing For Magazines: How to Get Accepted

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$1.730
Writing for magazines is a good way to make a career as a writer. There are magazines that only accept writers from the US or native English speakers, but there are also magazines open to people using English as a second or third language. If you check writing job listings from a newsletter like "Freedom with Writing," you'll see that the only requirement is good language and good writing. Just because you're American or a native speaker doesn't mean you're automatically good at English and writing. Being a native speaker doesn't guarantee writing jobs, you need language and writing skills. Rejections usually happen because of poor language skills or bad writing.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
It's hard to apply for a magazine as among their writers. I applied but I chose to write horror fiction. I am still building and developing my horror fiction which will be submitted tomorrow as their deadline.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.405
l have never thought of making out a career out of my writing. I think that l still have to make more practice on the writing before l can apply for any writing opportunity.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
l have never thought of making out a career out of my writing. I think that l still have to make more practice on the writing before l can apply for any writing opportunity.
You can practice writing fiction stories. They require only 1,500 words and pay us at $0.08 per word. It's not a bad figure. I am going to submit my horror fiction tomorrow. It tires my brain. It's not easy but payment worthy of our efforts.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.210
Do they accept text analyzed with grammar check tools? Maybe somebody is not good with English but he have good ideas and with help of grammar tools it can be good writer.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$1.730
It's hard to apply for a magazine as among their writers. I applied but I chose to write horror fiction. I am still building and developing my horror fiction which will be submitted tomorrow as their deadline.
Have you ever been accepted for a major publication? Did you get paid for your work? I have never been accepted by major international publication but in my home country I have published my works on numerous newspapers.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.640
Raw Dex
$0.008
Many years ago, I have written articles for a magazine. That job not only involved writing, I also had to interview senior managers of some companies and get their opinion. It was an interesting freelance job, and the pay was good.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$1.730
Many years ago, I have written articles for a magazine. That job not only involved writing, I also had to interview senior managers of some companies and get their opinion. It was an interesting freelance job, and the pay was good.
Yeah, writing can be a good source of income if you can write for the publications that pay upfront. IN the past I wrote a lot of articles for newspapers but these days I am not contributing to any newspapers.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.030
I tried to write for sun magazine and Readers digest. Both says to write and send your articles on some given email address. If the quality will be good they will contact you and pay you. But that day never came in my life I write and post again write and post no response and nothing.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.138
I have never tired writing for a magazine before though, cause I have always felt I was not a professional writer so there is no point giving it a try.

Back