Affect of the pandemic on business

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of business owners suffer seriously because of the pandemic. A lot of start up wind down because of the disease and many are still trying to pick up their pieces. In developing countries, the effect is more devastating because there is a drastic drop of influx of forex and essential commodities.
Personally, my was terribly hit as there is total lock down in my locality. More painfully, the government only gave palliative only on TVs.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
Pandemic did hurt many businesses. The economy across the globe was badly effected. Some sectors got more adversely effected than the others.. Though now things are getting back to normal, it is still a long way for businesses to recover.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
Let's be thankful despite this ordeal. Unlucky are those more than 6 million who died because of corona virus. Let's be thankful to God for keeping us safe in His glory. To God goes all the glory. We can get back on our feet sooner or later.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.250
Raw Dex
$0.008
Yes, the Pandemic has seriously affected businesses across the globe. Some industries have been hit badly . Some eateries, travel agencies have closed down. Airline companies have laid off a lot of staff. The Pandemic seems under control these days. Businesses are beginning to pick up.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The Corona virus pandemic actually affected a lot of businesses around the world. But there are some businesses that made more profit during that particular period.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Businesses are still trying to recover from the effect of the pandemic. And it is going to take some time before the business world stabilizes again. One thing is sure that we have learnt our lesson as business people and never again would we have it so bad.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
A lot of business owners suffer seriously because of the pandemic. A lot of start up wind down because of the disease and many are still trying to pick up their pieces. In developing countries, the effect is more devastating because there is a drastic drop of influx of forex and essential commodities.
Personally, my was terribly hit as there is total lock down in my locality. More painfully, the government only gave palliative only on TVs.
A lot of businesses could not survive during that period so they had to shut down

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
During pandemic we made a few renovation of our home and store because my brother had personally supervised it and we saved a lot. My brother didn't have event booking during pandemic so he only stayed home most of the time while I need to report daily at the office. Because we got infected with the virus we have to close our store for more than 1 month.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Probably, some business is laid-off workers due to the pandemic. There are also some that declared bankrupt.
Let's be thankful despite this ordeal. Unlucky are those more than 6 million who died because of corona virus. Let's be thankful to God for keeping us safe in His glory. To God goes all the glory. We can get back on our feet sooner or later.
Our LGU hired many Job orders during pandemic. They were utilized to distribute goods to all the families and according to the mayor in his reply to COA it's to solve the unemployment that time. We got AOM from COA for hiring many Job Orders.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
Our LGU hired many Job orders during pandemic. They were utilized to distribute goods to all the families and according to the mayor in his reply to COA it's to solve the unemployment that time. We got AOM from COA for hiring many Job Orders.
That is good to hear, your Municipal Mayor is so thoughtful. Where are those hired JO's? Even in USTP, there are many on-job orders and COS.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is good to hear, your Municipal Mayor is so thoughtful. Where are those hired JO's? Even in USTP, there are many on-job orders and COS.
They're still with the LGU and hard to let them go unemployed, the mayor cannot terminate them off course lest it may compromise his political career. Hard to balance the budget because they're eating up the bulk of the budget. Huhuhu, COA said why JO's instead of appointing regular workers. We might have another AOM. I agree with COA. I have staff who works well, she is eligible to be appointed to Grade 11 and I have vacancies for Grade 11 but she can't be appointed because they want to use that savings for casual positions.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
That person must be given the chance to be a regular employee. Why are many casual employees? There should be a budget.UDTP is owned by the national government, we have increased but this time not included in the payroll because of budget and it will be released through differential. It might be included in our salary next semester.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
I am not sure if the danger of the virus is fully gone. We again see the rise in the numbers of cases in our country. We can only hope for the best and pray. We keep our fingers crossed. We are yet to recover from the setback of previous waves.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
I am not sure if the danger of the virus is fully gone. We again see the rise in the numbers of cases in our country. We can only hope for the best and pray. We keep our fingers crossed. We are yet to recover from the setback of previous waves.
The virus is still rampaging in Manila. In my city there are two figures indicating we're not yet virus free. Some schools are still on blended because of the virus. It seems it doesn't want to leave humans.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
The virus is still rampaging in Manila. In my city there are two figures indicating we're not yet virus free. Some schools are still on blended because of the virus. It seems it doesn't want to leave humans.
Here, school and colleges are back to physical classes. In between we had hybrid model for a while. It seems staying away from social life of school was causing more adverse effects on mental and emotional health of students. We had good control over virus for a while but in the last few days, the numbers are rising and making breaking news on all channels. Not sure what's there in store for future.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
Here, school and colleges are back to physical classes. In between we had hybrid model for a while. It seems staying away from social life of school was causing more adverse effects on mental and emotional health of students. We had good control over virus for a while but in the last few days, the numbers are rising and making breaking news on all channels. Not sure what's there in store for future.
There are 34, 567 students population in the university where I'm teaching, so numerous. First year and second year college students classes are done online except for the architecture, IT Chemical engineering, college of Nursing and Medicine on site. The other levels on site.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That person must be given the chance to be a regular employee. Why are many casual employees? There should be a budget.UDTP is owned by the national government, we have increased but this time not included in the payroll because of budget and it will be released through differential. It might be included in our salary next semester.
Most of these casual employees are political accomodations like most Job orders. They may not deliver good work performance but they deliver votes lol and in reality it's what the politicians do. Most positions are not filled up to accommodate casuals.

Back