Are you Prefer Cash Or Cashless (Debit Card, Credit Card or e-wallet) for your Payment?

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Personally, I'm more than happy to make all my purchases with cash. Using card comes with a lot of charges and the fear of getting caught up in cyber risk is always there.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on the circumstances I saw myself. I prefer to use both depending on the situation on the ground. Most people in rural areas don't use transfers because of high level of poverty and illiteracy

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Paying through E-wallets is easier and saves time and in India we use UPI interface through which we don't need to add account number of the person whom we are paying
Yes, indeed, as long as we bring our phone with us.
We still need to have cash with us because still there are many sellers that don't accept only payments
Its depends on the situation, though, but these days even small shop provide payment thru e-wallets
I am a bit traditional, so I prefer cash for my payments.
I understand, maybe later you'll use it

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
Yes, indeed, as long as we bring our phone with us.

Its depends on the situation, though, but these days even small shop provide payment thru e-wallets

I understand, maybe later you'll use it
Yes, perhaps later I will use it. I believe that in some years we will not have the cash option for payments anyway. :)

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I mostly use Credit Cards for the cashback, but I am disciplined to always pay the full balance off every month so it doesn't cost me any extra and all my cards now days are touchless so Covid is not a factor.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The risks associated with cashless policy in my country is fraud. They can just give you fake alert and off they go. You lose, they don't care.
Cashless economy has the potential for unequal access, increased privacy concerns, dependence on technology and system failures. There is also the possibility of increased transaction fees and reduced anonymity in financial transactions.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I mostly use Credit Cards for the cashback, but I am disciplined to always pay the full balance off every month so it doesn't cost me any extra and all my cards now days are touchless so Covid is not a factor.rhat
Full paymen is the whole point when dealing with credit card. To be honest, i got a lot benefits from my credit cards before but after covid and i'm no longer working with big company, my wife and i decided to close all of my credit card to avoid debt. Maybe, i will use it again after we settling down. But for now using debit card/e-wallets are the best option for me

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Nigeria, where digital payments are not properly recognized, it is preferably to use cash. That's because when you want to restock, you would have to pay with cash. Although there's scarcity of cash this election period.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
i see @IB D i hope next time, digital payments are available all over Nigeria, for me i dont need to bring more cash, just use my phone to pay for it, and its really helpful

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.368
For me i actually prefer cashless though i can make the transfer anytime and from anywhere with compete ease. The best part is i do not even have to work around with money.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.638
There are many options to pay for something that you buy these days. As far as i know every store will give you the option how to pay their product, cash, with debit card, credit card or using e-wallet (using QR code and you need your smartphone for this).

Me, myself prefer cashless (debit or e-wallet), since pandemic i closed all of my credit card so credit card is not my option anymore. To be honest, i never brings much money when i went to resto or malls, i will use my debit card or e-wallet (there are several e-wallet apps that installed in my phone) so i dont have to worry about lack of cash.

How about you guys? Do prefer cash or cashless?
The situation of my country at the moment will make me prefer cashless policy as at now.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I prefer my Discover Credit Card because they pay me Cash Rebates that are usually over $1,000 USD per year and I always pay my total bill every month so there is no interest charged.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The situation of my country at the moment will make me prefer cashless policy as at now.
what kind of situation? if you want to explain, I prefer cashless because I can manage my own expenses by tracking them from the history of the transaction and it is really helpful

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would have preferred bank transfer as my preferred payment method on default but it is a serious cause of concern in my country. We are not yet ready for internet banking.

Back