As a business owner, how lenient are you?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I don't believe in too much autocracy as an employer. I believe I should be easily approachable by my staff. But the leniency should not exceed the limit that it turns to insults.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.528
Running a business is not that easy at all. There are many business owners who would want to be strict. However, being strict can sometimes damage your business rather than improving it! So, as a business owner, how lenient you are when it comes to dealing with your employees?
I think the business owner should be moderate. As in they should not more strict as more strictness chases the customers away and that they should not be more lenient as much of leniency would ditch the business into losses.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As for me being midway in business, sometimes I am firm, other times I am lenient. Depends on the situation I'm in. If I confront an employee who is late, but he has a compelling and reasonable reason why he is late, then I will forgive him. And conversely if he is always late and there is no reasonable reason, then I will punish him.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I think the business owner should be moderate. As in they should not more strict as more strictness chases the customers away and that they should not be more lenient as much of leniency would ditch the business into losses.
If they are too strict, they will lose so many customers but it should not be like they would not be strict at all. There should just be a limit to all the things that they do

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Yes it is good to be kind to your employees but at the same time there should be a limit. Most employees usually have the habit of taking you for granted when you are too kind to them.
Some employees may take you for granted if you are too kind to them so there are times where we have to be very strict so that they will know you are still their bosd and not take you for granted

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
I try to give people the benefit of doubt. I don't give up on people. I have had to employ many people in my life, I only fired just one of them.
That's a good one, not everyone has this trait. Sometimes things might not really be as it seems, so giving them the benefit of a doubt means you are open to see other possibilities and it shows you trust them to some extent.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
That's a good one, not everyone has this trait. Sometimes things might not really be as it seems, so giving them the benefit of a doubt means you are open to see other possibilities and it shows you trust them to some extent.
I have been an employee in many organizations and I know what I have been through. I made up my mind that no one that happens to work under me would get an unfair treatment because I didn't like it when they were doing it to me. V

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.870
Raw Dex
$0.008
I am not a business owner. If I run a business, I would let my employees know the guidelines they need to follow in the workplace. I would treat my employees with respect and reward them fairly.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
indeed @Chibson i just make sure to create to good environment for them to work and always paid them ontime and extra bonuses for them if they reached certain points
This is actually a good one, these days most business owners find it hard to pay their workers on time, though i understand that the economy is really not that friendly. They want them to work but are not willing to pay extra for the extra work.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.040
Sometime leniency causes many problem particularly it happens when we remain the owner of an organisation we need to corporate with our subordinates but being lenient up to some level.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the most important qualities of a business owner or manager is being able to balance between being friendly and strict. With such a balance, you can relate well with people and at the same time not tolerate wrong doings.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
I try to be lenient with staff but when it demands that I am firm, I have to become firm. My default outward disposition as a business owner is a soft nice and lenient person unless instigated to turn the opposite.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The rules are made clear before staff start work, and there are times as humans we will definitely fall short. Understanding that but taking action when necessary will help you maintain a good business and relationship with others

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
as a business owner I am very lenient because those working for me and my business are family members and so we have the same goal and because of that it makes everything go smoothly without any hard feelings.

Back