Can You Buy Products and Services With Crypto in Your Country?

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$0.050
Can you use crypto just like fiat currency to buy products and services in your home country? Can you make purchases with crypto in the stores in your country? Can you pay with crypto in hotels and restaurants? Well, in my home country, Crypto is yet to be legally accepted, therefore, it is not possible to use crypto to pay for products and services.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Can you use crypto just like fiat currency to buy products and services in your home country? Can you make purchases with crypto in the stores in your country? Can you pay with crypto in hotels and restaurants? Well, in my home country, Crypto is yet to be legally accepted, therefore, it is not possible to use crypto to pay for products and services.

Though it's an open knowledge where crypto currency is already an acceptable currency, it's acceptability as the. medium of exchange in most financial transactions is not done yet. Only online wallets are using it. What's done is converting crypto into fiat.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$0.050
Though it's an open knowledge where crypto currency is already an acceptable currency, it's acceptability as the. medium of exchange in most financial transactions is not done yet. Only online wallets are using it. What's done is converting crypto into fiat.
You did not answer my question. I was asking if you can actually use crypto in your country to buy products and services like a fiat currency. Can you buy clothes with crypto, can you pay with crypto in hotels?

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You did not answer my question. I was asking if you can actually use crypto in your country to buy products and services like a fiat currency. Can you buy clothes with crypto, can you pay with crypto in hotels?

I thought by answering not done as a medium of exchange answers your question. I just want to mean that using crypto in paying for goods and services or financial transactions is not done in my country. Of course you can convert to fiat... My. understanding of Fiat is the local currency of your country.. In simple language it means I cannot buy food in the store using crypto and I cannot pay my bills using crypto. It I have crypto in my wallets I transfer to my own currency.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$0.050
It does not look like you actually answered the question in your first reply, you do not specifically mention your country's position in this regard. Thanks for coming up with a proper answer in your next reply. It adds value to the discussion.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well only country I do no think that one can openly buy goods and services with the use of crypto currency but it is not impossible as there are top stores whose owners accept crypto but secretly as it is ban for open use in the country

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.210
I have been paying for some things related to blogging with cryptocurrency. Most people here are not exposed to crypto and are skeptical, but those who know how it works prefer it over fiat.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Crypto cannot be used for paying for goods and services where I live. The crypto service providers are deducting 30% as taxes so it is better to use fiat currency for making payment.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
Technically in my country cryptocurrency is not a legal tender however there are exceptions and the government is open for new opportunities.We do have about two Fintech companies that are offering crypto services namely yellowcard and valr and a tone of other individuals and entities.You can have a Binance account in My country as well.This has prompted a lot of other service and products providers though selective to accept cryptocurrency payments.

Last edited:

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
In my country cryptocurrencies are treated as commodities like stocks, gold, foreign exchange etc. so it can't be used as a medium of exchange, so we as crypto holders have to sell it first on crypto exchanges to get local money, but I can also use it to buy webhosting and domains with crypto, especially on webhosting services that aren't from my country.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.540
Cryptocurrency remains banned in my country and cannot be used for any legal transaction. Add that to the general conservative outlook of the people, crypto transactions being mainstream is still on a long call.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.265
Cryptocurrency remains banned in my country and cannot be used for any legal transaction. Add that to the general conservative outlook of the people, crypto transactions being mainstream is still on a long call.
OK, sis. But why do many Nigerians choose to withdraw from RIF in crypto instead of using PayPal, in fact Paypal will immediately transfer to a bank account without having to sell it first like crypto.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.540
They banned crypto transactions in mainstream economy. That is to say you cannot use crypto to buy goods and services as a legal tender in my country. But they have no control of online based transactions, that a why people are still using crypto in my country.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are no regulations against or for crypto in my country. Therefore many people still use it freely. Businesses are even starting to use it as a payment method. I have seen a restaurant which allows crypto payments.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Never! Cryptocurrency remain banned and can not be used to trade in the country. The way to to use crypto is through online where government can't exercise control.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I found out about a platform that can help you to buy airtime and you will pay with cryptocurrency
Well, there are other things you can buy with cryptocurrency but it depends on the trdaer

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country we don't buy any staff with any crypto coins amd that is because most of to society have less knowledge about cryptocurecny and how it works, they don't accpet payment with crypto coins, i hope slme day my cryptocurrency will be well known in my country.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
There are some selected restaurants and stores that accept cryptocurrency payments in my country,these are not even in the Central business district and are mostly just private premises,I will try to actually use one so that i can verify it myself.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
There are a few things that we can buy with cryptocurrency and that is because maybe the owners of the company have a binance account or are familiar with cryptocurrency

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
For me the answer is no, this is because generally crypto has not been accepted by most people and even the government do not accept it. Though there still some persons who might be willing to accept it.

Back