Candied Fruit Business

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Occasionally I make coconut candies made of stripped young coconut and cooked in caramel syrup. It's fiber-rich and nutritious. I sell them during agro fair or if there are special orders. It's a good business but the high cost of sugar is one set back. I had also difficulty getting supply of young coconut. If one wants this kind of venture it's better to have your own coconut trees.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.450
Raw Dex
$0.168
Coconut candies sound yummy. I think there used to a company making coconut candies in Hong Kong in the past. But they closed their business because people prefer eating chocolates nowadays.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Coconut candies sound yummy. I think there used to a company making coconut candies in Hong Kong in the past. But they closed their business because people prefer eating chocolates nowadays.

I agree with you plus the fact that Chocolates last longer. One can also play along with chocolates it can be mixed with fruits, nuts or cookies and can be packaged beautifully making them an attractive gifts.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.268
True it would be better to have your own tree but it might also take time to get the trees. Have you tried making specific arrangements with does you buy the coconuts from so they can be supplying you.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
True it would be better to have your own tree but it might also take time to get the trees. Have you tried making specific arrangements with does you buy the coconuts from so they can be supplying you.
Yes I've done that but they charge so much and some refuse to sell because they. prefer selling the mature. coconut. Most coconuts in my area are the old towering variety and it's hard to harvest young coconut.
Post automatically merged:

I agree that sugar's cost is quite pricey now. How much more with onions? I cannot price up my kimchi business because of this reason.
I remember that when we were still kids and helping my mother out in the kitchen she never use onion bulb instead she uses spring onions. It's what were doing now, and we have pots of onions in our veraanda.

Back