Companies and Dating Policies

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.218
In a way i understand their point though they are simply trying to create an environment where the workers would not be distracted, which would in turn prevent them from giving out their best. While some simply want the workers to be loyal to the business, rather than someone within the said business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I can't control people's lives and emotions because of the fact that they work for me. The key is that everyone should maintain absolute professionalism as far as work related issues are concerned, be you lovers or not.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In a way i understand their point though they are simply trying to create an environment where the workers would not be distracted, which would in turn prevent them from giving out their best. While some simply want the workers to be loyal to the business, rather than someone within the said business.
And they should kill it if they end up falling in love with a co staff? In my former work place, the boss used to give double bonuses for two staff that gets married. That means dating was encouraged among Staff.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.024
Raw Dex
$0.001
A lot of companies have dating policies in place because you do not want any sort of distraction with the employees . I think it is critical because the company's interest should come first.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.715
Raw Dex
$0.003
Some things are sometimes beyond ones control but the best bet is that everyone should maintain decorum and adopt absolute professionalism in their dealings with one another as they work along

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Even though in my country there are no specific rules regarding dating and marriage in one office, each company has different rules and policies, especially in financial institutions to prevent coalitions between employees (couples). Also often personal problems are resolved in the office so that it will be a free spectacle for other employees.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I can't control people's lives and emotions because of the fact that they work for me. The key is that everyone should maintain absolute professionalism as far as work related issues are concerned, be you lovers or not.
The truth is that there are times when the relationship going on between co-workers may affect their working activities at work and they may not be focused anymore. I feel that is why people do not want it

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have had an intimate relationship with an ex colleague for more than 5 years and not a single person in the organization heard about it. It takes only colleagues that are not mature to be doing lovey dovey in the workplace.
The truth is that there are times when the relationship going on between co-workers may affect their working activities at work and they may not be focused anymore. I feel that is why people do not want it

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I have had an intimate relationship with an ex colleague for more than 5 years and not a single person in the organization heard about it. It takes only colleagues that are not mature to be doing lovey dovey in the workplace.
This is because you people are able to control your relationship and keeping it in a way that people working in that same company will not know and that is how it is supposed to be

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is because you people are able to control your relationship and keeping it in a way that people working in that same company will not know and that is how it is supposed to be
I understand how matters of the heart work and how we most times are not in control of how we display our emotions. But adults should be able to subject their emotions under check and work when it is time to work.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I understand how matters of the heart work and how we most times are not in control of how we display our emotions. But adults should be able to subject their emotions under check and work when it is time to work.
That's right. Some people mix up work with emotions and at the end of the day, they won't get a better result of their jobs because they are both carried away by the love between them

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's right. Some people mix up work with emotions and at the end of the day, they won't get a better result of their jobs because they are both carried away by the love between them
What would you rather do as a boss having two colleagues fall in love in your organization? Give them an ultimatum to stop the relationship or sack them? I would just transfer them to another department in the organization.

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are some companies out there, that enforce a no dating policy on people who are interested in co-workers. I've even heard of a few that confuse married couples as if they are trying to date, as if the reason why they are flirting with each other, or being too familiar with each other, as if the two are looking to get romantically involved with someone at work, even though they are married to each other.

What do you think of this sort of policy? Is flirtation with coworkers, something that should be an issue at work?
There are some companies out there, that enforce a no dating policy on people who are interested in co-workers. I've even heard of a few that confuse married couples as if they are trying to date, as if the reason why they are flirting with each other, or being too familiar with each other, as if the two are looking to get romantically involved with someone at work, even though they are married to each other.

What do you think of this sort of policy? Is flirtation with coworkers, something that should be an issue at work?
Dating policies should be strictly observed to cope discipline.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.218
It is not good to date a co-worker. It can lead to favoritism and subverting of common goal. I would not like it in my own organization.
Yes that's true, one major reason most business owners are against this is that it could lead to slacking off and as well lead to distractions that could in turn cause certain accidents in the office.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me, I won't be against any staff in my organization dating themselves. They should confine it to their homes and maintain a high level of professionalism in the workplace.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It should be an issue if the couples are not married or there are many cases of promiscuity. That always leads to conflicts in the workplace. But if people are married and faithful to each other, they can be great workmates. Though they shouldn't also let domestic conflicts get in the way of work.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It should be an issue if the couples are not married or there are many cases of promiscuity. That always leads to conflicts in the workplace. But if people are married and faithful to each other, they can be great workmates. Though they shouldn't also let domestic conflicts get in the way of work.
No that is not a justification. You can be faithful to your partner even when you two are not married. It is just about dedication. If you are dedicated to your partner, being faithful won't be hard

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
Sometimes, it can work if the two of them are not in constant contact with each other through out the day. If they are, they can get distracted, make mistakes or bring personal issues into work.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's another angle. My boss dated three of my colleagues at the same time. And they got to find out. This generated so much bad blood and strife in the company.

Back