Companies and Dating Policies

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Flirtation in working place should not be encouraged. I think a company or a business organization must be explicit about it. Not necessarily to prevent such but to have it in black and white against litigation tomorrow.. Flirtation have caused more damage in working place than bribery and corruption.

I've actually seen a situation where a worker had to accuse someone of sexually abusing her when they were flirting and it is simply because the company policies allowed something of sort me some to be possible in the first place.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is nothing wrong with workers getting to date each other and to an extent it can also improve the production of the company and some people meet their life partners at their workplace.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
There are some companies out there, that enforce a no dating policy on people who are interested in co-workers. I've even heard of a few that confuse married couples as if they are trying to date, as if the reason why they are flirting with each other, or being too familiar with each other, as if the two are looking to get romantically involved with someone at work, even though they are married to each other.

What do you think of this sort of policy? Is flirtation with coworkers, something that should be an issue at work?
Maybe they felt dating co workers may lead to distraction at work as their mind will always be diverted even just when their lover passed and this might lead to making mistakes ,while in some cases even a small mistake is loss.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Maybe they felt dating co workers may lead to distraction at work as their mind will always be diverted even just when their lover passed and this might lead to making mistakes ,while in some cases even a small mistake is loss.
But this is the reality for people who can't control their emotions and that is why most companies kick against relationship among staff. But they can still date perfectly if they handle it with maturity.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.338
I have been hearing about companies that have relationships policy their workers must abide with. I don't support this kind of legislation. Dating relationships can start any where. There were many couples whose their relationship started from their working places. I think what they supposed to have done is to warn their workers from not allowing their personal relationship affect their official duties at works.
Yea, you have a point there but then again, every business owner has his or her reasons as to why they might setup such rules. Most business owners are against it, for certain reasons, while others do not really mind as long as it does not affect the business.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that love can be found anywhere and people should not be gagged from acting out their feelings in the name of a workplace.
That is just the truth about it as there are some people that are destined to meet each other and be in love at their work place which is the plan and works of God Almighty.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Flirting at work causes little or less concentration at work. The effect of his is that work will always appear to be slow as the interest to work is being replaced. However, I believe that the policy should be handled with caution

Anyone who is getting emotionally attached to his fellow worker will always find it very difficult to focus in doing their job.

Back