Devices Swap- How does the business owner make profits?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
There is a business where people take their devices to exchange for new ones with some amount of money. I always wonder the point of profitability of this business because someone would take a smaller device, add some money and get a better device.

Do you have phone or laptop swap in your country? Do you think the business is profitable and how is it profitable?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When users swap the devices they have, they refurbish the devices dropped by customers and resell it. And they had already gotten some money from the swap too. It is a double profit business.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is a business where people take their devices to exchange for new ones with some amount of money. I always wonder the point of profitability of this business because someone would take a smaller device, add some money and get a better device.

Do you have phone or laptop swap in your country? Do you think the business is profitable and how is it profitable?
Very correct, it's a very popular business at my own end, I believe if the business is not profitable no one would want to keep engaging in it, they make their profits by selling those devices which the client brings to people who are in dire need of them, or people whose money can afford that spec of device.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Very correct, it's a very popular business at my own end, I believe if the business is not profitable no one would want to keep engaging in it, they make their profits by selling those devices which the client brings to people who are in dire need of them, or people whose money can afford that spec of device.
It is highly profitable because the money you would add plus the worth of the phone you would bring to be swapped must almost align with the cost price of the phone you are taking.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Samsung is a smartphone company that I know that are into this swap of phone with their customers as long as your phone still meet the requirements they need it to be before you can swap it.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Like do they have official outlets for phone swap? And what are the requirements for them to do a swap deal with you? I only know of independent dealers that offer phone swap.
Samsung is a smartphone company that I know that are into this swap of phone with their customers as long as your phone still meet the requirements they need it to be before you can swap it.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, that business happens a lot in our country, it's called trade-in business. Not only cellphones, even things like motorbikes, cars, gold, furniture, etc. But I've never had an exchange, because I usually use the product until it wears off before buying a new one. šŸ˜

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.205
I often encounter this kind of swap business, generally in the form of shops selling new and used devices, we can exchange smartphones, laptops or other devices at the same shop. If you are going to exchange your smartphone for a new one, your smartphone will be priced very cheaply, and you will add a certain amount of money to get a new smartphone. This kind of device swap business will also be very profitable because many customers are looking for second hand or used devices.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
I think that they run a model that is very profitable. They would value your old smartphone and their valuation would not be much. It is a route always taken by people who might not have the complete money to buy the phone they want.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.205
I think that they run a model that is very profitable. They would value your old smartphone and their valuation would not be much. It is a route always taken by people who might not have the complete money to buy the phone they want.
You're right, these device swap shops will repair and polish your old phone to make it look brand new, and there will be lots of people looking for used phones, but still good to operate at affordable prices.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
You're right, these device swap shops will repair and polish your old phone to make it look brand new, and there will be lots of people looking for used phones, but still good to operate at affordable prices.
It would be very easy and cheap for them to achieve that since most of them have repair outlets embedded within the same business. I think it is a very lucrative business.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.205
It would be very easy and cheap for them to achieve that since most of them have repair outlets embedded within the same business. I think it is a very lucrative business.
You are right, this is a very lucrative business, their net profit will reach 50%. but they also have to wait a long time for the buyer/customer who wants the item.

Tracee1

Unfamiliar
Dec 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

I do think profit is being made, cause the old phones gotten are refurbished and resold even at a better price, so am sure profit is being made.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070

They actually make money from this as that's there business and it's more easier for them to sell the old device as fairly used and they have also carried out analysis to make it profit them.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have never heard of such a business before. I don't know if they are even available in my country. I wonder how the business will benefit from the old and small devices that they get and give out new ones.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.348
In my city, this kind of business was so rampant a few years back. Now, it is not that profitable. But still, they still continue doing the business and other areas in my country.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
You are right, this is a very lucrative business, their net profit will reach 50%. but they also have to wait a long time for the buyer/customer who wants the item.
I actually think that they have ready retail outlets who buy this product from them and retail it to the final consumers. The phones are not old phones. Even if it is a current phone that one is tired of, one can go swap it for another one.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.205
I actually think that they have ready retail outlets who buy this product from them and retail it to the final consumers. The phones are not old phones. Even if it is a current phone that one is tired of, one can go swap it for another one.
They (shops) understand all cellphone prices, so they can estimate the price of cellphones that are still in good condition. For example, a week ago you bought a cellphone for $ 1,000, because you were bored or it didn't suit you, you would swap it with another cellphone, and they would estimate your cellphone the highest. $750, but that was intact including box, accessories and certificate of purchase. so they can sell for $900.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.640
Raw Dex
$0.008
We call it a trade-in here. It's common for people to trade in their mobile phone and get a newer model. Samsung and iPhone are popular phones in the trade-in market.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
They (shops) understand all cellphone prices, so they can estimate the price of cellphones that are still in good condition. For example, a week ago you bought a cellphone for $ 1,000, because you were bored or it didn't suit you, you would swap it with another cellphone, and they would estimate your cellphone the highest. $750, but that was intact including box, accessories and certificate of purchase. so they can sell for $900.
That is a very fine profit margin. It has to be a very strategic and pragmatic business. I won't mind to run that kind of business because it is very profitable.

Back