Does Facebook need a dislike button?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.263
We all know Facebook already has a like feature, whereby you could come across a post you like and express how you feel by clicking the like button. Imagine a situation where Facebook also has a dislike button, what do you think would be the effect in the long run?

Last edited by a moderator:

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
There are emojis to correlate with one's feelings. Facebook management is also diplomatic to disallow people's feelings to shift to bad mood once see the dislike button, better an emoji.

Last edited:

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I will recommend it to Facebook. Facebook should try to include dislike button in their platform, it will make Facebook more interactive and meaningful.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I know Facebook has brought in more reactions when you use the like feature on statuses on their platform and whilst many of them suit, not having a dislike button I have found has been an issue. There have been a few times when I have read statuses and non of the options have suited the status a dislike button would have been perfect but we never got one. It's the same with Twitter, they only have a like button and in so many cases, a like button is useless for certain tweets and a dislike button would be perfect.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
A dislike button may create chaos for the owner you disliked surely reacts and he won't stop asserting that he doesn't deserve the dislike button.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think if Facebook had a dislike button it would be a total disaster. People would be trolling each other or giving each other negative feedback all the time. I dont think it would be a favourable experience for anyone. Plus it would make the platform so much more negative and aggressive. I just dont think its necessary.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
I think if Facebook had a dislike button it would be a total disaster. People would be trolling each other or giving each other negative feedback all the time. I dont think it would be a favourable experience for anyone. Plus it would make the platform so much more negative and aggressive. I just dont think its necessary.
I agree many won't stop fighting until they decide to block each other hehe. That would be insulting unless true if not, you'll fight to death in words.lpl

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.270
If the post on the facebook doesn't make any sense or something that doesn't any value to reader so he may add laughting reaction or angry reaction on facebook this feature exists I think.
Post automatically merged:

1675529464072.png
The last 4 ones

Imran Noori

Notable
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
We all know Facebook already has a like feature, whereby you could come across a post you like and express how you feel by clicking the like button. Imagine a situation where Facebook also has a dislike button, what do you think would be the effect in the long run?
I think a dislike button is needed in Facebook because you can use it when you don't like someone's content.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.100
Facebook has done a smart thing by not keeping that dislike button. Well, there are many trolls that can misuse it. I guess Facebook doesn't want to discourage any users. There are some really trash videos out there. And I am sure that if there was a dislike button there, it would have received enough dislikes.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.263
I think a dislike button is needed in Facebook because you can use it when you don't like someone's content.
You have a point, but dont you think it might have some negative results? Most people post on social media just to feel loved, hence they are usually very serious with the amount of likes they get. I have seen cases where people commit suicide due to few likes.

Back