Does providing free Wi-Fi offer a viable option to promote your business?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Yes, it is one of the best offer in my own opinion. There are restaurants in this part of the world that have free Wi-Fi offer for their customers. That alone can attract so many people.
This is true.
I have gone to a restaurant around Lekki like that before and they had free wifi but their food is vety expensive and when you calculate it, it is almost the same thing.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Providing free wifi is widely implemented in newcomer cafes in my country, I think this is an effective form of promotion. Because their target market is the younger generation who like to use the internet for various purposes.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some of those big companies have a cheaper source of data because they buy in bulk. If the cost of it enables them to make profits, it is good.
I've never seen any big country in Nigeria that opens their Wi-Fi connection free generally to the public ever since I have been to all the biggest companies in Nigeria. Such like dangote companies and Unilever.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Most organizations offer free Wi-Fi services in their premises. I believe it is always a strategy to attract more attention to a business and its products. Does it offer a viable means of promoting a business? Can this kind of promotion lead to sales conversion?
While it attracts customers, there are still people who will go there for the sole purpose of using Wi-Fi thereby attracting uninvited guests but then I think it shouldn't be an open Wi-Fi for it to function well

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most organizations don't allow theirs to be open. You must show signs of patronage before they allow you to make use of the free wifi. Nothing is really free.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$0.050
There are a lot of businesses where sales will boom if free wifi is provided. For instance, free wifi in restaurants will bring more customers. Free wifi will also help in malls

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I've never seen any big country in Nigeria that opens their Wi-Fi connection free generally to the public ever since I have been to all the biggest companies in Nigeria. Such like dangote companies and Unilever.
You know that you have not been to every companies but I'm telling you that there are some companies that offer free Wi-Fi for everybody. You can browse about it online.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is true.
I have gone to a restaurant around Lekki like that before and they had free wifi but their food is vety expensive and when you calculate it, it is almost the same thing.
most of them use it as a business strategy. The cost of the Wi-Fi and the food are added simultaneously but most people will not know. That is one of the business strategies they use to attract people.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
most of them use it as a business strategy. The cost of the Wi-Fi and the food are added simultaneously but most people will not know. That is one of the business strategies they use to attract people.
They would spread the cost of the wifi among the patrons. And if they have enough patrons, it would be largely insignificant.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They would spread the cost of the wifi among the patrons. And if they have enough patrons, it would be largely insignificant.
That is actually true. In my own perspective it is a very smart business idea and i also know some businesses that use it here. They always get customers.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes of course I always look for free internet when I'm at caffe or shopping center I don't think internet is that pricy that they can't afford it and it really boost

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As far as I'm concerned, it is not a good business strategy for you to allow your company's Wi-Fi to be free and accessible to anyone that comes within the location of your company because you'll be running a lot of expenses because of Internet data.

Many cafeterias, coffee shops, and restaurants offer free WiFi services to facilitate their customers. I think that this is a complimentary thing offered by certain kinds of businesses and it may make a customer have a positive opinion about your business.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
This is a good business strategy. People would always be attracted to this like those that book a room in an hotel where there is free Wi-Fi. Even in eateries one can patronize them for stopping by to use their free wifi

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For a hotel business, free WiFi would attract guests who would prefer that hotel so to take advantage of the free wifi at night. Some other businesses also offer WiFi but it is not open. It is only when you patronize that they can give you the code.

Back