Does your Office Charge any Penalty if you are late to work?

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I am lucky because my boss is my husband, so it does not matter if I am late for work. :)
That's good. I hope that when it comes to the efficiency and performance at work, there is no compromise. Else sooner or later, the business would suffer. Professionalism is must at work place. Is your husband boss to other employees too? How do they take this preference given to you?

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
That's good. I hope that when it comes to the efficiency and performance at work, there is no compromise. Else sooner or later, the business would suffer. Professionalism is must at work place. Is your husband boss to other employees too? How do they take this preference given to you?
I am the only employee, so there is no problem with my colleagues. because I do not have any. We both work hard until late at night. We just have flexible working hours.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.715
Raw Dex
$0.003
The fact is that there is always work place deduction for bad conducts though the deduction is based on the office involved. I don't like it but others do than being sacked

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
When I worked for a company and was late I was not fined, I was just asked why I was late, and given educational punishments such as sweeping and cleaning the company's yard for a few minutes.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Now a days, I see that more and more workplaces are being flexible with the timings. Unless the job demands you to be there on certain time,.most offices give you the flexibility..they just make sure that your log in and log out hours are within the set hours by the company.. They are giving more breathing space to the workers

Some workers actually take advantage of this flexibility when it comes to their workplace is not being too strict on timing when they resume their jobs and it's not the right thing to do.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.653
It is normal in a workplace to get a penalty through payroll deduction for coming to work late. The deduction is based on the number of minutes or hours late through the per-hour rate of the employee.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Some workers actually take advantage of this flexibility when it comes to their workplace is not being too strict on timing when they resume their jobs and it's not the right thing to do.
That's an unfortunate thing. But sadly many do that. Every benefit that's been given to employees can be misused by them. Sad that people don't listen to their conscience and do such things. But then corporates have to think of a bigger picture and take care of the whole employee community.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am the only employee, so there is no problem with my colleagues. because I do not have any. We both work hard until late at night. We just have flexible working hours.
I can imagine how fun this kind of work can be. For me, I won't be able to do this kind of work efficiently. It would take great discipline from the couple for this to work out.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Late coming in a working environment should not be allowed. There should always be a penalty for anyone who comes late without any tangible reason.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
So do you support employees deducting the salary if their staff for late coming? Especially in our Nigeria that people are being paid peanuts. What of if the person is marginally late?

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Any outward imposition does not work for too long. Over a period of time, people find some loophole to escape from such impositions. Employees have to love their work and workplace. That would lead them to have inner motivation to be punctual and effective at work

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
Any outward imposition does not work for too long. Over a period of time, people find some loophole to escape from such impositions. Employees have to love their work and workplace. That would lead them to have inner motivation to be punctual and effective at work
I agree with you. This is the point. Employees should love their work and respect their workplace.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I agree with you. This is the point. Employees should love their work and respect their workplace.
Thank you for agreeing with me. We see that employers keep coming up with the policies and benefits to keep their employees happy at workplace. Happy employees are productive employees. But unfortunately, many employees start abusing those benefits. Inner discipline and motivation can be encouraged but not imposed.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
Thank you for agreeing with me. We see that employers keep coming up with the policies and benefits to keep their employees happy at workplace. Happy employees are productive employees. But unfortunately, many employees start abusing those benefits. Inner discipline and motivation can be encouraged but not imposed.
You are right. I think that employees should respect their employers and do their best at work. And, of course, employers should appreciate the work of their employees.

jaymanuel

Complete Stranger
Mar 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Of course yes. Different organizations have different ways of disciplining their staff depending on the nature of offence.At my place of work, lateness may attract a warning penalty for the first time.Three warnings with the same mistake before three month will be a summery dismissal.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
You are right. I think that employees should respect their employers and do their best at work. And, of course, employers should appreciate the work of their employees.
I agree there. It's a two way thing. When there are two parties involved, they both have to be respectful and considerate about each other. When there is a good mutual understanding, things go smoothly and each one benefits from each other.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have left at least two organisations because of lateness charges. I don't like that approach to human resource management. I don't charge my staff on my business.

Back