Does your Office Charge any Penalty if you are late to work?

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
I agree there. It's a two way thing. When there are two parties involved, they both have to be respectful and considerate about each other. When there is a good mutual understanding, things go smoothly and each one benefits from each other.
Exactly. Both sites should have mutual understanding and appreciation for the common good.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Most of the businesses these days charge us with penalty if we are late to work and it could be equal to one day salary deduction.

Right now I working online but it is common for businesses to have policies regarding delinquency and attendance and penalties for violating these policies can vary.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.733
Most of the companies do have something like that to keep their employees punctual and they do penalize them if they are late to work

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Most of the businesses these days charge us with penalty if we are late to work and it could be equal to one day salary deduction.

The owner of my friend's workplace always deduct from the salary when they go to work late

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.392
Thy used to do it in my workplace and that's one of the major reasons I resigned. They refused to increase my salary when I told them it is a condition for me to be early to work.
It seems that your demand was not being given to you. I am not sure if it is the same in your country. It is not allowed to increase one's salary if it is still under the probationary period. Being late is still the grounds for deduction.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are more like a second co-owner of the business, so I don't believe anyone is going to penalize you for reporting to your duties some hours late.
She is not the co-owner. She is even the original owner. She calls the shots. You know that thing about the power of a woman. No one can penalize her for lateness.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have left at least two organisations because of lateness charges. I don't like that approach to human resource management. I don't charge my staff on my business.
if you do not have some level of discipline in your business your employees may not be able to stick to the rules. It is not a must that you will charge them but you need to give them some punishment.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
You are more like a second co-owner of the business, so I don't believe anyone is going to penalize you for reporting to your duties some hours late.
That's right. It is really wonderful to have your own business. There is a lot of work and duties but in the end, it is worth it. :)
Post automatically merged:

Late coming in a working environment should not be allowed. There should always be a penalty for anyone who comes late without any tangible reason.
I agree with you. Workers should be responsible, organised and punctual.

Last edited:

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's right. It is really wonderful to have your own business. There is a lot of work and duties but in the end, it is worth it. :)
Post automatically merged:

I agree with you. Workers should be responsible, organised and punctual.
Probably, punctuality in a work environment is important unnecessary. It will always make you to carry out your work effectively.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.206
Where i used to work before they do not do this, but there are times where some of the workers turn it into a habit to always come late, their salaries are usually delayed.

Back