Drawbacks of the on-call job model

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
This is a job model you can make good money if you know how to negotiate to your favor but it comes with it's own cons.

With this job model you don't have the time to yourself as you can called on any time to perform your duties.

You have no closing time as you need to finish the task you are called to perform before leaving

You get paid when you have been able to successfully finished the task

What do you think?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
I do not have any idea about this business hehe. If it's good it will be beneficial to the interested persons. Is that job modelling like promos? There are many here acting like models of a product.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.040
On call jobs remains very stressable for some people because you don't have your own time sometime you won't have any work you will just waiting for the calls and sometimes when you keep busy to yourself is certain home tasks you will receive the call to come immediately

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.480
Raw Dex
$0.008
I personally do not like to work this way. We cannot plan or control our work schedules. I prefer to work as a freelancer. I have more flexibility on deciding when and for how long I work.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yeah one draw back is that it is a very stressable job for a lot of people as one don't have the freedom needed you don't have your own time sometimes

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.130
I do not have any idea about this business hehe. If it's good it will be beneficial to the interested persons. Is that job modelling like promos? There are many here acting like models of a product.
I had seen so many young ladies who are products' models, especially branded cigarettes or beverages. One of my friend did this before and I cannot believe that she did it. It is not her personality to do this.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
I had seen so many young ladies who are products' models, especially branded cigarettes or beverages. One of my friend did this before and I cannot believe that she did it. It is not her personality to do this.
I also saw a classmate acting as model promo of Levis pants. She became so pretty and gorgeous. We really cannot judge one's destiny.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.130
I also saw a classmate acting as model promo of Levis pants. She became so pretty and gorgeous. We really cannot judge one's destiny.
I do agree with you. I am sure some models who did this kind of job are successful ones now. They will be luckier if being discovered to be local celebrities. It can change their lives better than before. I am sure some people are aiming for this.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Generally, staff that work on call don't get any other benefits from the organization beyond from their pay. They are not entitled to employee insurance and any other perks that may come from the organization they are working m

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
More like some employees or staff that work on call don't get any other benefits from the organization than their pay. Because some workers like those in the medical field still have full payment

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
On call jobs can be so great for someone who has so much free time. Meaning you can be called anytime and be available. The problem is that you may not get calls sometimes, so you won't have a regular source of income.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
More like some employees or staff that work on call don't get any other benefits from the organization than their pay. Because some workers like those in the medical field still have full payment
They won't get bonuses when they are working on call. They are only called when their attention is needed. They are more or less like part time workers. Just that they are not scheduled part time workers. B

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is a job model you can make good money if you know how to negotiate to your favor but it comes with it's own cons.

With this job model you don't have the time to yourself as you can called on any time to perform your duties.

You have no closing time as you need to finish the task you are called to perform before leaving

You get paid when you have been able to successfully finished the task

What do you think?

I would really like to know the nature of job that such models are even required for them to carry out in order for them to be paid when they have completed their task?

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
I would really like to know the nature of job that such models are even required for them to carry out in order for them to be paid when they have completed their task?
A typical job where the on call model works is the IT support of an organization. It would be very difficult for a tech person to work as a full time staff in an organization. It is like they are being tied down. They would be staff in the organisation but only come when their attention is needed to solve maybe a network problem. And they get their pay and leave till another issue that requires their attention happens.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Yes you have a good example here. A tech person might not want to work a full time job or being a salaried staff in an organization. It is go down well with them

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Yes you have a good example here. A tech person might not want to work a full time job or being a salaried staff in an organization. It is go down well with them
Some of them are even doing the most jobs online and they get their salaries. This is what most people who are into tech do instead of going to work all the time

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Personally, I prefer this kind of jobs, there's no job that doesn't have it's own disadvantages and advantages, some companies work with this model, they employ for instance a mechanic in a company, and he is required to stay in the company so that whenever any machine or engine is faulty he will repair it, and get paid on monthly or weekly basis, irrespective of how many times be makes repairs.

Back