Effects of eye service on a company

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Some Employees are fond of paying more attention to their duties only when being watched. And sometimes the employers contribute to this through the following ways

Being overly strict making some workers tremble only when they are around.

Don't give room to initiative so. the employees are just working llke robot to please him or her

is an attention seeker needs to be worshipped when around

Add yours?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Eye service which is about an employee performing a duty satisfactorily only when the boss is around or watching comes with it's bad effect to the company

These negative effects are;

Duties being left undone as the boss isn't watching. so the jobs suffer

Another is that with eye service syndrome even the job that will done haphazardly aa the manager might not be watching

Add yours

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Some employees that practice this style of serving might think themselves smart but the thing is that they are not but doing more damage to themselves. The effects this hsvr on them includes

Lack of being consistently skilful

it can make one redundant as one isn't seem as a serious worker

it shows hypocrisy knowing things better because someone is watching you

Add yours

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some employees that practice this style of serving might think themselves smart but the thing is that they are not but doing more damage to themselves. The effects this hsvr on them includes

Lack of being consistently skilful

it can make one redundant as one isn't seem as a serious worker

it shows hypocrisy knowing things better because someone is watching you

Add yours
I know from experience that it's something that's capable of breeding laziness in your business because the staff will never work when you're not around.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If I am a business owner and I found out that some of my workers are practicing eye service in my business, I'm definitely going to terminate their contract or job immediately because they are going to be the downfall of my business with their wickedness.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Every one that has ever worked has done eye service at one point or the other. The problem is when it becomes a norm. There are times we really don't want to carry out a task but we are doing it because of our boss's presence.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Yeah some people most times don't want to carry out a task but they are doing it because of their boss's presence. it is not a good thing to the business

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When individuals or organizations are only performing well because they are being watched, it can be difficult to trust that their performance is genuine and consistent and Eye service can also result in missed opportunities, as individuals or organizations may only focus on tasks that are easily observable or visible.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
Yeah you are right you can't trust the performance of someone that Just get busy because they are being watched, it can be difficult to trust that their performance really

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
Some Employees are fond of paying more attention to their duties only when being watched. And sometimes the employers contribute to this through the following ways

Being overly strict making some workers tremble only when they are around.

Don't give room to initiative so. the employees are just working llke robot to please him or her

is an attention seeker needs to be worshipped when around

Add yours?
The person is just trying to chase clout so we should not entertain them at all

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.513
Eye services in the company is a very bad thing. This is because it can cause the business to suffer losses and results in the failing to meet the business goals and targets for the business.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In every organization you will see a lot people that are not faithful and not interested in making company process. They are after the money they use to receive as payment. In fact, about 78 % of workers are like that in every company. It is unfortunate that some workers only pay eye service to their work.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
The eye service kind of activities and the company will not contribute to the growth of such company.
For me, it is does need to monitor the employers in person. It is best to install CCTVs and have a person-in-charge to check the gadgets in a timely manner while the employees are working in their respective departments.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One mindset that I used when working for someone was that one day, I am going to have my own business and employees and people would work the same way for me. That's why I never did eye service.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.135
One mindset that I used when working for someone was that one day, I am going to have my own business and employees and people would work the same way for me. That's why I never did eye service.
There are times that I feeling bad when it comes to being monitored by the staff of a company. They tend to be biased in terms of taking the sides of clients despite you did not do anything and it was not your fault to certain complaints.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.710
Raw Dex
$0.000
Eye service is a poor management patience. It reveals management's distrust on employees and discourages employees to take initiatives. If an employer would like to ensure his/her staff are not lazy, just ask for job progress report from time to time.

Back