Info Future of RIF

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
@Jordan word count is necessary to rid all the low quality posts on this site. My suggestion is that a thread should have 70 words while a comment should have 40 words minimum.

People have to start taking things up a notch. All these low quality contents cannot drive traffic to the site. I am all for minimum word count.

Jordan

Former Owner - Surpreme Overlord
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
Thanks everyone for their feedback and support.

I have also just updated the OP with the new January 7th feature! Check it out!

Yugocean

Notable
Jun 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
@Jordan word count is necessary to rid all the low quality posts on this site. My suggestion is that a thread should have 70 words while a comment should have 40 words minimum.

People have to start taking things up a notch. All these low quality contents cannot drive traffic to the site. I am all for minimum word count.
70 words for 2 cents and 40 words for 1 cent!
This will turn any site into ghost town.
All members here are online earners, they will not hesitate moving to other site.

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.060
So for everyone's information, which @Jordan probably agrees with, if you really do like the discussion you are participating in, a word minimum count is essentially non-existent, as you would generally speaking, actually contribute longer replies to the discussion naturally. The word count minimum, while seems like an issue to some, is less of an issue if the person actually cared to discuss and actively participate in the forum in general.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$3.590
I absolutely agree with the new features being introduced on the forum. As far as minimum word count is considered, I think the minimum word count should be 15 words. It could also be 20 words or even 30 words but since the reward is just 1 cent, 15 words looks appropriate for me.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.205
Changes are good but sometimes are not good too. For instance it's good to clean up the site and members be penalised for their mistakes

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Thank you @Jordan for sharing new developments that you and I suppose the entire membership think will add value to the development of the site. If we improve the site then we are sure that we will not have so many challenges that can have the potential to harm the site. The minimum word limit should be between 40-70 words per comment and above 70 words for a thread.

nite001

Unfamiliar
Dec 9, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Great change that will definitely benefit the RIF and turn it into a quality PTP forum. However, I do have concerns regarding the fines as I feel that it would be a little harsh to newer members if they did not read the rules and guidelines carefully. I think it would be great to give everyone 2 chances, just incase they accidentally post or something. Regarding the word count, I do have a question @Jordan , if I reply a short "oh thanks for the help" on any forum, will I get fined? Although I understand that we have the "like" and "award" feature for such responses, I still sometimes type short responses to thank others or ask them a question when they are sharing something.

I believe that a word count of approx. 40-60 would be great and an even higher minimum word count of 80-100 for business chat. Also, if users post a short reply without meeting the minimum word count, would they be fined or not be paid for their reply? Lastly, does the word count apply to Threads or Replies? Thanks a lot Jordan for the developments. Looking forward to your reply 😄

Edit: Oh yah Jordan would it be possible to add a feature for Threads, where one can create a "poll" and members can vote on different options? It is like the poll function on reddit. This would help gather members opinion much easier and reduce short answers on threads that are asking for member's opinion e.g. a yes or no question .

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.040
Raw Dex
$0.005
Thanks for the update, Jordan. I agree with the minimum word count. That said, I think a long message does not mean it is better than a short one. It's the quality of the content that matters. I would suggest a minimum word count of 15-20 words.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Great change that will definitely benefit the RIF and turn it into a quality PTP forum. However, I do have concerns regarding the fines as I feel that it would be a little harsh to newer members if they did not read the rules and guidelines carefully. I think it would be great to give everyone 2 chances, just incase they accidentally post or something. Regarding the word count, I do have a question @Jordan , if I reply a short "oh thanks for the help" on any forum, will I get fined? Although I understand that we have the "like" and "award" feature for such responses, I still sometimes type short responses to thank others or ask them a question when they are sharing something.

I believe that a word count of approx. 40-60 would be great and an even higher minimum word count of 80-100 for business chat. Also, if users post a short reply without meeting the minimum word count, would they be fined or not be paid for their reply? Lastly, does the word count apply to Threads or Replies? Thanks a lot Jordan for the developments. Looking forward to your reply 😄

Edit: Oh yah Jordan would it be possible to add a feature for Threads, where one can create a "poll" and members can vote on different options? It is like the poll function on reddit. This would help gather members opinion much easier and reduce short answers on threads that are asking for member's opinion e.g. a yes or no question .
Hello!

You have asked some excellent questions, and I'm going to try my best to answer them.

However, I do have concerns regarding the fines as I feel that it would be a little harsh to newer members if they did not read the rules and guidelines carefully.
Upon registering an account on RIF, all members are required to accept our terms and policies, it is the user's responsibility to familiarize themselves with the rules and guidelines of the forum. However, depending on the offense and the staff member dealing with the offense, they may be more lenient toward a newer member than a member who has been here for a longer period of time.

Regarding the word count, I do have a question @Jordan , if I reply a short "oh thanks for the help" on any forum, will I get fined? Although I understand that we have the "like" and "award" feature for such responses, I still sometimes type short responses to thank others or ask them a question when they are sharing something.
Thanking a member for their input on a particular subject could potentially be labeled as spam due to lack of context and not permitting a positive continuation of the conversation. However, if this only happens on select occasions, more than likely this isn't something we will be concerned about, especially if you are the topic creator. I will mention, if all you are doing is finding threads and just thanking members for their contributions, more than likely moderation actions will be taken against you and/or the offending user for spam.

Also, if users post a short reply without meeting the minimum word count, would they be fined or not be paid for their reply? Lastly, does the word count apply to Threads or Replies?
Our moderation practices on spam are still in effect and haven't changed. You can go to https://referralindexforum.com/threads/forum-guidelines-moderation-policy.26/ , then scroll to the last post to review our current moderation policies on spam (this will also explain the fines a person will receive for spam offenses as well).

Let me or @Jordan know if you have any further questions or concerns! :)

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.245
I have just read the post fully and I agree with everything mentioned. In terms of the posts and the quality and word count. I personally would say something like 40 - 50 words minimum would be good for a post. Wouldn't be small answers and would be more thorough as well and more informative replies.

Alberello75

Somewhat Known
Jan 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion it is right that each thread / post should have a minimum number of words or characters, to avoid spam posts.
However I also believe that the importance is within the content of a discussion where every user should try to express the concept clearly in the best way. For this is also think that a minimum limit of words too high, could sometimes lead an user to add sentences less pertinent to the argument just in order to get his post approved.

Back