Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
No one has ever hacked or try to hack my forum account
Do people hack forum account?
Has anyone hacked your forum account and changed the password for your account? If yes, did you try to regain ownership of the forum account resetting the password and were you successful?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.368
Thankful, I haven't experienced it. I'm the only person doing sidelines on the web. We also have our own gadgets with face authentication support to avoid hacking.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have not experienced having my forum account hacked and don't pray such would ever happen to me. The owner of an account should be very wary of disclosing details of his account online.

Ebutech

Somewhat Known
Oct 20, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Has anyone hacked your forum account and changed the password for your account? If yes, did you try to regain ownership of the forum account resetting the password and were you successful?
I haven't had any experience of someone trying to hack into my forum account, maybe if anyone has he/she could share the experience so we can know how to avoid it later

junrose123

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I had never experience such thing so far since I see to it to secure my account because it so that I will not make any problems later on. We need to make extra careful because hackers are everywhere.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.610
Raw Dex
$0.050
Yet nobody hacked my forum account, it could be because of my strong password, but my yahoo account has been hacked previously I think due to weak password. Once our email account hacked it causes too much problems.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
My Facebook account was hacked and then I had to change my password and I used a strong password. So far, its been safe. I am not so frequent visitor to Facebook and one of my friend messaged to let me know. The posts made them realise that it was not from me.
Nowadays many people are earning from Facebook. It would be a bigger issue if their account is hacked.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Thankful, I haven't experienced it. I'm the only person doing sidelines on the web. We also have our own gadgets with face authentication support to avoid hacking.
I have never experienced it too because I see no reason why someone will hack another person's from account when he can just create his own

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Nope, my forum account has never been hacked before and i really do pray i dont get to experience that. But my social media account has been hacked before, luckily for me i was able to get it back.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Of all the forums I have been a member of, I can't say I have ever had my account hacked and my password changed and some of the accounts I have had have been before 2FA was more popular. Nowadays 2FA seems to be more popular on forums and most forum owners now have this enabled and I use it just for that extra layer of protection.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
Of all the forums I have been a member of, I can't say I have ever had my account hacked and my password changed and some of the accounts I have had have been before 2FA was more popular. Nowadays 2FA seems to be more popular on forums and most forum owners now have this enabled and I use it just for that extra layer of protection.
What is this 2 FA?? Sorry I have no clue about it. This is the first time I have come across this term.. It would be good if you could elaborate on it. This would be something new for me to learn today.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
What is this 2 FA?? Sorry I have no clue about it. This is the first time I have come across this term.. It would be good if you could elaborate on it. This would be something new for me to learn today.
2FA is Two Factor Authentication :) it gives you an extra layer of security when logging into your account where either you will receive an email with a code, or an SMS message with a code, you would need to use something like Google Authenticator to gain access to a code or you would need to use a backup code that was given to you when you set up Two Factor Authentication. If you need to log in and you do not have access to any of these it can leave you locked out of your account but it does also help a lot in protecting your account and your personal details.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.368
Luckily, I have not experienced a forum hacking my forum account. If it happens, there might be an outsider who observed people in a forum and felt delighted to hack it. It would be a disgusting experience.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
2FA is Two Factor Authentication :) it gives you an extra layer of security when logging into your account where either you will receive an email with a code, or an SMS message with a code, you would need to use something like Google Authenticator to gain access to a code or you would need to use a backup code that was given to you when you set up Two Factor Authentication. If you need to log in and you do not have access to any of these it can leave you locked out of your account but it does also help a lot in protecting your account and your personal details.
That sounds good.. thank you for your elaborate explanation. It's really helpful.. I have never used it..I was not even sure that it exists. Does sound like a good way to secure any account.

Back