How. best to tackle an envious colleague in the workplace

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.500
Raw Dex
$0.860
Some of them would just envy a fellow colleague because that one is promoted. Instead of getting close to find out why that staff is getting results that warrant promotions, they wallow in envy and are stuck in mediocrity.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I totally agree there. They do bring a negative energy to the workplace and that can be weighing and pulling you down. It reduces your efficiency too. If possible getting transferred to other department is a good idea.
Neggative energy is something business people needs to eliminate totally. It promotes unproductivity and jealousy which is not really good in a business.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Neggative energy is something business people needs to eliminate totally. It promotes unproductivity and jealousy which is not really good in a business.
Very true! That's why businesses make sure that they develop a better workplace for their employees. They do everything to make a healthy workspace and keep their employees happy. They do a lot of team-building events so that team players get friendly and comfortable with each other. But then envy is human nature and would definitely creep in some way or another.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
For me, I just ignore such a fellow. Do what I am employed to do and go my way. I don't have time for negative energy.

Some people will always hate you at your work place and it's the reason why you need to be very careful and make sure that you do all your jobs when you are required to. Some of them will be reporting you are the back to make sure that you are sacked.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Some sort of hidden jealousy amongst coworkers is pretty okay and natural. As long as they behave professional and don't let it be evident, it is okay. It doesn't effect the energy of the workplace. The problems start when it's evident and brings negative energy to the workplace.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Very true! That's why businesses make sure that they develop a better workplace for their employees. They do everything to make a healthy workspace and keep their employees happy. They do a lot of team-building events so that team players get friendly and comfortable with each other. But then envy is human nature and would definitely creep in some way or another.
Probably, when there is healthy work environment productivity will be enhanced. I think it is something business people needs to put into priority.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Probably, when there is healthy work environment productivity will be enhanced. I think it is something business people needs to put into priority.
It's very evident. We work better if we feel happy, comfortable and appreciated. It's a basic human nature that we are more productive in happy conditions. We stay motivated and focused.
Businesses these days do all that they can do to make their employees comfortable and happy

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
As far as possible, one should avoid the person and all situations that might attract a negative energy. But then when you are working in the same place, it becomes challenging to avoid that. And if you are on the same team, it becomes even worse.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is good to not have time for negative energy. I will just cut such people away or ignore such a person They are never beneficial to my life and that's the truth

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There is nothing you can do that will ever convince an envious one. The only thing you can do is you have to keep him at arm length. You can't avoid him or ostracized him. He's your co worker.

Avoiding them as best as you can will definitely be the best solution because such people will always look for something that is going to be detrimental to you and tie it to you in order to drag you down.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's very evident. We work better if we feel happy, comfortable and appreciated. It's a basic human nature that we are more productive in happy conditions. We stay motivated and focused.
Businesses these days do all that they can do to make their employees comfortable and happy
You're right, in business environment where the workers are made happy productivity is always the case. That is what business people should put at the back of their mind.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
If I face coworkers who are jealous by continuing to do good to them, I hope that one day they will melt and change for the better. As for if our efforts are not appreciated, then let it be.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It is better not to engage in a fight with such colleague and displaying maturity is the best.

If you engage in physical fight or even verbal abuse or exchange of words with your colleagues, it is always going to result in having both of you sacked or sanctioned.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sometimes I would prefer to look away aa long as people don't let it interfere with my professional work, isill be okay with it I would continue being myself as always

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Sometimes I would prefer to look away aa long as people don't let it interfere with my professional work, isill be okay with it I would continue being myself as always
I think that is a better decision. Trying to mind your business always is always important and necessary especially when you are working in a business venture.

Back