How do you deal with bullies at work?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I will tell him/her directly I dislike his/her behavior. If there is no improvement, I would report to the Department manager and the Human Resources Department and let them handle the situation.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
I thought bullying usually stops in schools. If I have to work with such people, I would first try to ignore them. Then, if they persist, I would see what the management can do about it. I may leave if no action is taken and I have another alternative.
You have made a very important point because it is better to report such person to the appropriate organs so that they can take a proactive action against the person that is perpetrating such illicit activities.

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.002
Raw Dex
$0.001
I thought bullying usually stops in schools. If I have to work with such people, I would first try to ignore them. Then, if they persist, I would see what the management can do about it. I may leave if no action is taken and I have another alternative.
A lot of people have been bullied at work and I don't think people who does this are in their right senses. Reporting to the management of the company would be the best option to treat this case.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Well Known
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.121
It is very crucial to stop bullying because it could lead to psychological effect.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.892
It is uncommon to happen that bullies will be in a working place. However, we cannot deny that there are some workers who tend bullies with their co-workers. It is not a good thing because they will pull you down. That is why we need to learn how to fight back.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Bullies are everywhere and it's why you have to be very prepared for them in any kind of association that you find yourself in because they will always be there to try to take advantage of you.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I will tell him/her directly I dislike his/her behavior. If there is no improvement, I would report to the Department manager and the Human Resources Department and let them handle the situation.
Yes, I totally agree with you, if there is no progress in reporting to the human resources department and manager department, then you can then leave the company or report it to the authorities.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One thing about bullies is that they know the people that they should not try their antics with. If you present yourself to be weak, they would use you. If you portray strength, they would stay away from you.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
One thing about bullies is that they know the people that they should not try their antics with. If you present yourself to be weak, they would use you. If you portray strength, they would stay away from you.
Yeah right, I totally agree with you. When I was still at school there were people who tried to bully me, because I was weak and like to cry they kept harassing me. I reported everything to my mother, my mother said "Fight him, don't just cry, show him that you are strong". Yes, I did what my mother advised me, even though I was a little scared, I tried to keep pushing myself to look brave, until finally I got used to bullying, they didn't have any effect on me and they felt tired and then stopped on their own.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah right, I totally agree with you. When I was still at school there were people who tried to bully me, because I was weak and like to cry they kept harassing me. I reported everything to my mother, my mother said "Fight him, don't just cry, show him that you are strong". Yes, I did what my mother advised me, even though I was a little scared, I tried to keep pushing myself to look brave, until finally I got used to bullying, they didn't have any effect on me and they felt tired and then stopped on their own.
I had a superior at work who always wanted to bully me. He actually was able to bully and subdue other staff. The first time he brought it my way, I just stood up at him. He began to fear me from that time.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Saya memiliki atasan di tempat kerja yang selalu ingin menggertak saya. Dia sebenarnya mampu menggertak dan menaklukkan staf lain. Pertama kali dia membawanya ke arahku, aku hanya berdiri ke arahnya. Dia mulai takut padaku sejak saat itu.
I have a unique work experience, there was one employee who when I first joined the company always bullied me. But I just smiled at him, never bullied him back, still being nice to him. Until one day he felt touched and melted, until finally he loved me more than the others.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I was an IT support staff in an organization. And I doubled as the company spokesperson. My manager came and just shouted on me on why the systems were down. I explained to him that I am working on fixing it. He kept shouting and shouting. Meanwhile, the company was supposed to have Media briefing that day which I was supposed to speak at. As he was shouting, I got angry, took all the documents for the briefing, dropped it on his table and told him I am not doing the briefing again. He thought I was joking. I left the documents there. Je had to draft someone to handle the briefing and the person messed it up. Since that day, he learned to respect me.
I have a unique work experience, there was one employee who when I first joined the company always bullied me. But I just smiled at him, never bullied him back, still being nice to him. Until one day he felt touched and melted, until finally he loved me more than the others.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.925
Raw Dex
$0.013
It's better to work in an organisation with friendship and try to be Cooperative with our colleagues, but if we see someone is trying to become extra smart then first try to handle them gently then on the second phase try to avoid them and if the problems persist then tell the management clearly about it.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
It's better to work in an organisation with friendship and try to be Cooperative with our colleagues, but if we see someone is trying to become extra smart then first try to handle them gently then on the second phase try to avoid them and if the problems persist then tell the management clearly about it.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Working in a friendly environment is better for our physical and mental health. Sometimes a person gets dizzy and has a headache easily, because of bad co-workers.

Back