How do you feel about working over time?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.463
Most of us, have pretty much experienced working over time. Do you enjoy working over time or do you see it as unfair. Personally i hate working over time, first and foremost i do not get paid for working overtime, there are days where i stay at the off as from 7am till 9pm or 10pm when am actually supposed to close 7pm, and the worse part is i am not paid for working overtime.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Why isn't your overtime work unpaid, does your co-worker do the same, is there a labor department in your country, you should be able to refuse overtime work orders if there is no compensation.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
I experienced working overtime and getting paid. I was so excited despite being tired. I spent 3 hours of overtime. But I never had done it again. I felt sleepy during the day. I lack sleep.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$12.185
Raw Dex
$0.008
Same with me I hate overtime as I also don't get paid for it. My working hours are 8 hours a day but it gets extended to 10-11 hours daily which makes me feel tired all day. Also, I have to go to work on Sundays sometimes for which I am not paid.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
Same with me I hate overtime as I also don't get paid for it. My working hours are 8 hours a day but it gets extended to 10-11 hours daily which makes me feel tired all day. Also, I have to go to work on Sundays sometimes for which I am not paid.
Why aren't you paid? Before I accept overtime work, I have to ask first if there is payment. Over time workers here especially on holidays receive times 2 of their daily salaries. There is a law that requires companies or offices to pay double to workers who work overtime. n your case, not aid, do not work overtime. That is absurd.

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't like working overtime. Even I don't like working because I see it as a waste of time to just be in a place since morning and close by evening.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
I don't like working overtime. Even I don't like working because I see it as a waste of time to just be in a place since morning and close by evening.
I only worked over tie once and after that I refused. It seems the day is so long , disgusting and tiring.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
At work, there are times that I extend about 30 minutes to finish the last email or call I received. But extending long hours is a no-no. If they don't offer overtime work, we don't work overtime since it is unpaid.

People at work love overtime work if the pay is doubled or tripled.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.180
At work, there are times that I extend about 30 minutes to finish the last email or call I received. But extending long hours is a no-no. If they don't offer overtime work, we don't work overtime since it is unpaid.

People at work love overtime work if the pay is doubled or tripled.
Private employees receive double during overtime work and on holidays they're paid triple. I experienced to work overtime once only. 1 paid double but it's tiring so I no longer go with the group.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
Private employees receive double during overtime work and on holidays they're paid triple. I experienced to work overtime once only. 1 paid double but it's tiring so I no longer go with the group.
Years ago, we experienced 3x pay for OT work not even on holiday. So people at work were hyped on earning huge on top of the regular pay. I, too, experienced being paid triple OT work. But now, when the director was moved to another role, the new director don't offer that anymore. So people don't like to work OT. But I still do even though it is not double or triple pay. It is still money.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Most of us, have pretty much experienced working over time. Do you enjoy working over time or do you see it as unfair. Personally i hate working over time, first and foremost i do not get paid for working overtime, there are days where i stay at the off as from 7am till 9pm or 10pm when am actually supposed to close 7pm, and the worse part is i am not paid for working overtime.
Overtime is only good when you are paid. it can motivate you to stretch your abilities without that it doesn't make sense

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
Overtime is only good when you are paid. it can motivate you to stretch your abilities without that it doesn't make sense
Always good if it is paid.
If not paid, we don't want to take it.
In Germany or Poland, if they get an email say 4:59 PM, they will not work on the email received because that will extend their time. They will put it back in the inbox so someone can work on it while they say done for the day at 5:00 PM.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Always good if it is paid.
If not paid, we don't want to take it.
In Germany or Poland, if they get an email say 4:59 PM, they will not work on the email received because that will extend their time. They will put it back in the inbox so someone can work on it while they say done for the day at 5:00 PM.
Exactly, if you are keeping a worker beyond the agreed time then one should be paid because some people would not do it since it isn't part of their job.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
Exactly, if you are keeping a worker beyond the agreed time then one should be paid because some people would not do it since it isn't part of their job.
Another example we get aside from Germany or Poland. In India, they are also particular with their contract, that is also true in my country. There was instance where we saw an email with notes from our India counterpart, that agent left a note saying, putting back to inbox as taxi is waiting outside the building.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Another example we get aside from Germany or Poland. In India, they are also particular with their contract, that is also true in my country. There was instance where we saw an email with notes from our India counterpart, that agent left a note saying, putting back to inbox as taxi is waiting outside the building.
Yeah when once your work time is over then other jobs can wsit still the next day no need working for umpsid overtime.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
Yeah when once your work time is over then other jobs can wsit still the next day no need working for umpsid overtime.
Of course, no one would like working overtime unpaid. Full time work is already exhausting plus the one or two hours to stay in the office. That's already torture for us. But if one loves the company and wants to help out of love, then he can freely do so.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.850
Raw Dex
$0.003
Of course, no one would like working overtime unpaid. Full time work is already exhausting plus the one or two hours to stay in the office. That's already torture for us. But if one loves the company and wants to help out of love, then he can freely do so.
Sure no one like to work overtime without pay so I wonder why some bosses want someone to always work overtime.

Back