How do you feel about working over time?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.360
Raw Dex
$0.003
I am a freelancer. But I seldom work at night time, unless it's an urgent request from a client that I need to complete the job as soon as possible. I want to gain the loyalty of my client.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
Most of us, have pretty much experienced working over time. Do you enjoy working over time or do you see it as unfair. Personally i hate working over time, first and foremost i do not get paid for working overtime, there are days where i stay at the off as from 7am till 9pm or 10pm when am actually supposed to close 7pm, and the worse part is i am not paid for working overtime.

I think doing overtime is a really great thing, especially if you want to make more money. Many people are struggling a lot and they want to make money during the current times.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.218
I think doing overtime is a really great thing, especially if you want to make more money. Many people are struggling a lot and they want to make money during the current times.
True, but make sure when working overtime, it should be in a place where you can actually be rewarded for your work. Not working overtime i a place that does not appreciate your efforts.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.760
If you are in perfect health and if you are being paid really well, I highly encourage you to work over time and make additional money.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.055
Raw Dex
$0.155
It would not be okay if it is not being paid. If not, I will just prefer not to work overtime. It happens in some Chinese companies that they do not pay their workers' overtime.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
It would not be okay if it is not being paid. If not, I will just prefer not to work overtime. It happens in some Chinese companies that they do not pay their workers' overtime.
There's also no over time pay in the university where I worked unless emergency there is pay triple. But only the selected personnel can work overtime.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.585
At work, aside from the overtime pay that we get for rendering extra hours, we get food vouchers. I have accumulated 600 pesos worth of food voucher already on top of the extra hours pay.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes, I like overtime with a note that there is additional pay for overtime, if not then I better work according to the time, I will work on unfinished work the next day. In the world of work there is something called input and output, if a company wants to get more input than it should, it must be willing to pay costs that are equivalent to the input too.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have not had a job working for anyone who could pay me overtime, since I have either been retired or owned the company for the last 45 years. Before that, I took all the overtime I could get, which gave me the money to start my own company.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When I'm still employed, I appreciate working overtime since the company is paying all the time that we extended. And I appreciate it more whenever I reached the extended over time with night differential, that's additional rate from the regular rate given as over time. Since I'm introvert in nature, I like to keep myself busy. But I don't abuse working so much, if I felt the need to rest, I will rest. But don't get me wrong, I also appreciate working over time even it has no payment, as long as I'm busy and I have nothing to do on those extended time, working over time is just fine with me.

relcap23

Notable
Sep 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
My position does not allow me to collect compensation for working overtime unless I am working on some tasks which are. not connected to my actual function.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
At work, aside from the overtime pay that we get for rendering extra hours, we get food vouchers. I have accumulated 600 pesos worth of food voucher already on top of the extra hours pay.
That is a very good company, you are given overtime pay and extra bonuses. There is none in the university where I am working. Our schedules are fixed. Only those staff in the Hunan Resource can do over time with pay.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Most of us, have pretty much experienced working over time. Do you enjoy working over time or do you see it as unfair. Personally i hate working over time, first and foremost i do not get paid for working overtime, there are days where i stay at the off as from 7am till 9pm or 10pm when am actually supposed to close 7pm, and the worse part is i am not paid for working overtime.
I won't feel good when I am not paid for working overtime. I don't even like to work overtime because I am that person who loves to rest very well.

Back