How do you feel about working over time?

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's one of the reasons I quit my last job. I was told that I was supposed to close by 4 but I always ended up working till 12. Time has to be managed and planned.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.500
That's one of the reasons I quit my last job. I was told that I was supposed to close by 4 but I always ended up working till 12. Time has to be managed and planned.
Sorry to hear about the cause of your resignation, but it should have been better if the administration has given you the second chance and sent you a memo to remind you of the supposed time you will go home at least twice.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Most of us, have pretty much experienced working over time. Do you enjoy working over time or do you see it as unfair. Personally i hate working over time, first and foremost i do not get paid for working overtime, there are days where i stay at the off as from 7am till 9pm or 10pm when am actually supposed to close 7pm, and the worse part is i am not paid for working overtime.
As long as I'm getting paid enough for working overtime, I would never really care about it because I am always there to make money for myself from the work that I'm doing.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$2.060
I had several unpaid work hours this year and I had big, nasty conversation with my boss. We end up on different sides but those things will be reason of my resign. When they offer me paid overtime I take it. Unfortunately my oppionion boss not share it fair.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I don't mind working overtime if the overtime I do is paid overtime. I have never understood why some businesses offer overtime but then do not pay their employees for it, most always reject any overtime if they know they are not getting paid for it, and that then leaves you with more work to do yourself.

I at the moment work from home so if I choose to do overtime myself which is more hours than I have allocated myself, I do that knowing that was my choice to do and I usually do it if it means I will earn more by doing so.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.218
As long as I'm getting paid enough for working overtime, I would never really care about it because I am always there to make money for myself from the work that I'm doing.
True but that's the major issue here, most of these business owners do not pay for over time. They would simply milk you of your physical and mental strength only to pay you peanut in the end.

Back